Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:33 pm   Post subject: Allow Quiz retake without Retake Quiz button

Our presentations are divided into sections with several slides and a quiz at the end of each section. in order for the learner to progress to the next section, we require the learner to answer all quiz questions correctly. If any quiz questions are answered incorrectly, the learner must review the previous section and take the quiz over again. This process repeats until the user passes the quiz - the user is then allowed to progress to the next section.

The only way to accomplish this in Quiz Maker is to allow Unlimited quiz attempts (If you limit the user to one attempt, the learner is not allowed to retake the quiz when it repeats - the failure result page is displayed again.) However, a consequence of this is that a Retake Quiz button appears on the failure notification screen. By clicking the Retake Quiz button, the learner can keep taking the quiz until all questions are answered correctly - without reviewing the previous section. This is not the scenario we would like to use.

What we would like to happen is: if the learner passes the quiz and clicks the Finish button, the presentation should continue to the next section - QuizMaker will do this. However, if the user fails the quiz, and then clicks the Finish button, the presentation should navigate back to the previous section and then allow the learner to retake the quiz from the beginning after the section replays.

It seems like this would be a relatively easy change - simply reset the quiz to its initial state when the presentation navigates back to the quiz slide - instead of returning to the quiz results.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Allow Quiz retake without Retake Quiz button

Is this the only place for feature requests?

I noticed I didn't even get a reply from iSpring - as others do...

I don't think this is an unreasonable request and I fear it will never even reach the development team...

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Allow Quiz retake without Retake Quiz button

Hello, Jim!

Thank you for posting here. We are very sorry for this inconvenience. Please let me suggest the following algorithm:

- Set a limited number of attempts for your quiz (like 2 or 3)
- Go to Presentation Explorer
- Select the slide with quiz and choose Object - Quiz - Branching option
- Set the option On fail - slide N

The after failing the quiz your user will clikc the Continue button and will be redirected to the slide N. He can review the slides and then retake the quiz.

Please let us know if this works for you. If the issue still occurs, please contact us at support@ispringsolutions.com. We will be happy to provide ypu with further assistance.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:33 pm   Post subject: Re: Allow Quiz retake without Retake Quiz button

Olga - thank you for the response.

Unfortunately - this will not work for us.
1. The user is able to retake the quiz without reviewing the course material - by clicking the Retake Quiz button.
2. The user can reach a dead end in the course after failing the quiz for the allowed attempts.

I have reviewed this with iSpring support and reached a dead end there as well - they proposed a similar work-around.

I would appreciate it if iSpring would consider this as a new feature request. I believe there are other users that would be able to take advantage of this feature in their courses.

Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Allow Quiz retake without Retake Quiz button

Hello, Jim!

Thank you for your reply. We are very sorry that the result you need cannot be achieved with our software. I have forwarded this thread to our Development team for consideration to add this feature to our product in future.

Thank you for your understanding and have a good day!

Profile profile test