Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:08 pm   Post subject: Option to include resources when publishing without player

In iSpring Pro 7, it's very useful to be able to add PDFs as resources, then link to them via hyperlinks in PPT.

This works great until you publish with player = none, as then the entire attachments folder is omitted from the publication (makes sense.. iSpring thinks 'why include attachments if there's no button to view them?).

This makes it difficult to link to attachments via hyperlinks without editing the published course.

It would be great to have a publish option to force iSpring to include attachments, regardless of which player skin is selected (say an option called 'Always include resources'

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Option to include resources when publishing without play

Thank you for posting here!

The thing is that if you put a relative link to the file that is stored on local drive and then publish and upload the presentation, the file will be not found (since the path will be wrong).
Let me please suggest you to upload the .pdf files before publishing (e.g. to use Google docs service) and then share the path to the files in your presentation.

Hope this can help.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:53 am   Post subject: Re: Option to include resources when publishing without play

Thanks for advice!

In our users' case (a lot of light users in a large company), they need to be able to bundle the PDF with the project, and then be able to launch it with a hyperlink. By deploying it separately on web server will just be too hard/or result in broken links.

The 'resources' feature in iSpring is perfect - it allows you to safely add things like PDFs to the project, and then launch with a relative link to the attachments folder that iSpring publishes.

The only problem is that we often publish with player = none. In this case the resources are not published (there is no 'attachments' folder).. hence the feature request is simply a checkbox to enable users to force the attachments folder to be published.

I guess another way of writing this feature request is to provide a simple way to a PDF to be attached to a project and launched via a PowerPoint HyperLink. I think my suggestion would be one way to achieve this..but there may be better ways :)

Profile profile test