Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:15 pm   Post subject: Quiz Maker Results Emailed in Table Format

Hello,

We were able to create a very nice and easy to use survey in the quizmaker add on to iSpring Pro 7. Most of our questions were open ended and so we had the essay answers sent by email to some people in the organization. However, it would be really nice if we could get the answers in a table or Excel format, so that we could easily copy and paste all the answers into a spreadsheet to compare the different responses.

It could either be a table in the email, or as a file that can be opened in Excel.

Thank you for considering this!

Elaine

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:28 am   Post subject: Re: Quiz Maker Results Emailed in Table Format

Thank you for posting here!

I have forwarded your feature request to our Product development dep. to consider.
As for now, let me please suggest you to use Send results to server option. In this case an .xml file will be sent to the server that is signed in settings.

This will allow you to keep the results in your database to compare.
Hope this was helpful.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz Maker Results Emailed in Table Format

Hello Vladimir,

Thank you for your response. I don't really understand the option to send to a server. We are using the Cornerstone On Demand LMS. Is the server you are refering to a FTP server?

Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:31 am   Post subject: Re: Quiz Maker Results Emailed in Table Format

Thank you for your reply.

Not exactly. You can use FTP option to upload the presentation, for example, if you want to locate it on your website.
However, you are using the LMS and this option will be useless for you.

The send to server option will provide you with a facility to treat the results according to your needs. The quiz reports will be send using POST request as .xml file. After that you can create your database to keep/compare the reports, however, to do this you need contact your IT guys.

As for now, your feature request was forwarded to our Product development dep.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:53 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz Maker Results Emailed in Table Format

Yes, I see this is beyond my current IT knowledge. Thank you for responding with the further clarification and for forwarding the request.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz Maker Results Emailed in Table Format

I have just received the answer from our developers.

And I regret to say that this can not be executed exactly as you explained, since .xlsx spreadsheet can not be implemented into email messages, however, they can be attached (manually).

To get the spreadsheets via email you need to use a server that will receive the results and transform them before send to the email.

I am sorry for this inconvenience.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz Maker Results Emailed in Table Format

Thank you for following up so quickly. It is good to know that getting an excel file in the email will not be an option. But what about an embedded table? An embedded table with the questions in one cell and the answer in the other cell could all the copy and pasting into Excel to be done more easily. There may be those that do not wish to have the answers in table form though, so if possible to embed a table in an email, I would still say there should be an option to select the current email format or an embedded table.

Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz Maker Results Emailed in Table Format

The thing is that our mail server does not create such spreadsheets to embed, that is why this option can not be implemented at present time.
I am sorry for this inconvenience.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:53 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz Maker Results Emailed in Table Format

I would like to open this back up as my current question is along this line. The quiz maker does not seem to communicate the answers of a quiz with the LMS. It communicates the results, but not the answers. My colleagues have said a competitor's product will return the student response to their LMS, which allows them to run reports to analyze their tests better. Does iSpring have that capability? Now I am putting a quiz into a presentation and saving as a SCORM 1.2 file. Should I be doing something different to have the test answers reported back to the LMS? I have included the details from the competitor below.
Thank you!

Elaine

Quiz Data Sent to an LMS in -----

The following information is communicated to learning management systems (LMSs) by ---- SCORM and AICC content:

id: --- sends a series of data for this string to identify the Scene#, the QuestionDraw# (if applicable), and the Slide# in that particular scene or question draw.
type: This is the type of question (True/False, Multiple Choice, Multiple Response, etc).
student_response: This is how the learner answered the question.
correct_response: This is the correct answer for the question.
result: This designates whether the learner answered the question correctly or not.
weighting: --- content doesn't currently utilize this item. It'll always be set to 1.
latency: This is how long it took the learner to answer the question.
objective: --- content doesn't currently utilize this item. It'll always be set to 0.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:48 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz Maker Results Emailed in Table Format

I am sorry for my late response.

Actually, SCORM 1.2 quiz created with iSpring QuizMaker 7 will transmit all data concerning question-answer to LMS.

Can I ask you to provide us with the course that does not transmit data to LMS? It would be helpful to test it in your environment and have an acces to the course in your LMS. So our engineers will be able to see the logs and look into this case in more details.

Please send user login details to support@ispringsolutions.com and the link to the course.

The content safety is guaranteed. Thank you in advance!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:46 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz Maker Results Emailed in Table Format

Follow Up:
We are using the Cornerstone LMS. I determined that the LMS won't let us pull the response data for SCORM 1.2 courses, even if iSpring makes it available in that file format. There is a Cornerstone on Demand standard report in the LMS called Course Assessment Question Analysis that can pull responses from SCORM 2004.3. The report provided by the LMS is not very good at this time, but I wanted to leave this information for other users of iSpring to know the problem is on the LMS side, and happens regardless of authoring software.

At this time we are using the email responses feature in the quiz maker. This works very well and provides us a lot of data. I really appreciate that I can have survey questions in the quiz paired with graded questions. We need to use a lot of essay questions, but don't want to have to 'grade' the answer prior to the learner being shown as 'complete' in our LMS.The email format is also easy to read.

The downside to using the email is that all of our response data is kept in email. Our test makers want to be able to compare each users answers. We want to see if our documentation is leading to confusion, and if so, speak with the test taker to clarify. There is no easy way right now to compile the email data. If a test taker uses the Enter or Return button in their answer, when I copy the email data into Excel, it creates another cell. So the size of the emailed data in inconsistent.

I am still looking into the 'send to server' option. However, I do not have much involvement with our IT department, and this level of IT knowledge is beyond my scope.

I hope this information will prove useful to others.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:34 am   Post subject: Re: Quiz Maker Results Emailed in Table Format

Thank you so much for your feedback!

I am sure that this follow-up will be very helpful for other users and they will be able to take this information into account in future!

Profile profile test