Would this benefit you as a user?
Obviously, Yes! I never knew about this! 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
No, I want to use excessive bandwidth and inconvenience quiz takers. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:39 am   Post subject: URGENT (QuizMaker) Pleas remove EMBEDDED .TTF/.WOFF files

In iSpring QuizMaker:

When selecting Publish -> Web -> Mobile (HTML5),
there should be an option to remove all EMBEDDED .TTF/.WOFF font files in the quiz. These files are exported to the "data" folder of the published quiz and are called via css for the font-family attribute. This Instead, these fonts should ALL be replaced with "font-family:Arial;" These EMBEDDED .TTF/.WOFF files font files make up 88% of the published folder, with over 6MB of wasted space, which increases page load time for the end-users and collateral waste of valuable bandwidth. Please update this as it's very important for all of your users. Once again, this can be fixed by simply adding an option to disable the embedding of all .woff and .ttf font files and replacing them
with Arial when Mobile (HTML5) is selected as an export option
. This would make published project 22% of their current size. And please note that even when the fonts are changed in Slide View these .woff and .ttf files will still be embedded.

See image: http://i.imgur.com/7D3Njih.jpg

Thanks.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:02 pm   Post subject: Re: URGENT (QuizMaker) Pleas remove EMBEDDED .TTF/.WOFF file

Thank you for the post!
If you would like to submit a feature request for a new functionality which will allow to reduce the size of the output quiz file, can I ask you to send a message to support@ispringsolutions.com and we'll send you a special form for it.
When the form is filled out, I will be able to redirect the information to our Product Management Team for future consideration.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:54 pm   Post subject: Re: URGENT (QuizMaker) Pleas remove EMBEDDED .TTF/.WOFF file

Hi I have done so as you requested.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:45 pm   Post subject: Re: URGENT (QuizMaker) Pleas remove EMBEDDED .TTF/.WOFF file

UPDATED FEATURE REQUEST:

Please don't forget about this MAJOR BUG in the 7.1 update (or sooner) Hope you get it done:
community.ispringsolutions.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5263 I have submitted a feature request as well.

**PRODUCT**: Ispring QuizMaker

**TITLE OF THE NEW FEATURE**: Remove All Embedded Fonts & Replace With Arial

**EXAMPLE**: The Publish -> Web -> Mobile (HTML5) menu should have an option check box that does THREE THINGS:
1.) Remove any & all internal usage of & reference to these embedded .ttf / .woff fonts
2.) Removes all .ttf / .woff files from being published in the quiz's data folder.
3.) Uses "Arial" GLOBALLY for all fonts.

**DESCRIPTION**: As detailed here viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5263 users should have an option to remove all internal usage of .woff / .ttf font files as well to remove them from the published quizzes (in the data folder) & instead use "Arial" for everything. Simply deleting these files from the data folder by hand doesn't work since this introduces a very big delay in loading time because the quiz is searching for these font files. These font files are NOT necessary for 99% of quizzes & add unnecessary bulk: they account for OVER 88% of the published content. An option should be introduced under Publish -> Web -> Mobile (HTML5) that sets all fonts to use “Arial” by default & removes any & all usage & reference to these .ttf / .woff files. We've gone through extensive testing including setting all fonts to Arial in Slide View yet still the embedded fonts are produced in the data folder so now it's necessary for iSpring to REWRITE QuizMaker’s core source code to do this. Please pay special attention to this. It benefits ALL paying customers who've invested their hard earned money in this product & trust you to maintain it. It will also allow QuizMaker to stand out above competitors & drive more sales.

**ADDITIONAL INFO & REFERENCE**: See here: community.ispringsolutions.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5263

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:12 pm   Post subject: Re: URGENT (QuizMaker) Pleas remove EMBEDDED .TTF/.WOFF file

I second this feature request. It adds an unnecessary overhead and eats up bandwidth apart from slowing down the page loads. Can you fix this? Thanks.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:19 pm   Post subject: Re: URGENT (QuizMaker) Pleas remove EMBEDDED .TTF/.WOFF file

pb903369 wrote:
I second this feature request. It adds an unnecessary overhead and eats up bandwidth apart from slowing down the page loads. Can you fix this? Thanks.

I completely agree. Time after time that I've reported this issue I've got nothing but push back and resistance from members of iSpring. Pretty difficult for a company to drive sales when they don't listen to the requests of the people with the money to buy them.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:26 pm   Post subject: Re: URGENT (QuizMaker) Pleas remove EMBEDDED .TTF/.WOFF file

Thank you for your posts!
We always take into account feature requests that are received from our customers, and if they are not represented in recent version of iSpring software, it does not mean that it will not be implemented in the future.
However, we always strive to keep our products multiplatform and parse any possible malfunctions on different platforms (with out-of-date versions of browsers as well).
Thank you for your understanding!

Profile profile test