Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:11 pm   Post subject: Flash Error with SDK 5.5

We are having a problem and are trying to figure out where the problem is coming from. We have two versions of the SDK that we have purchased. We have 4.2 that runs in our main office and 5.5 that runs in our remote office. Below is our setup:

iSpring SDK 5.5
-Windows XP Profressional SP3
-Office 2003 with Compatibility pack for 2007
-PHP script to do conversion

iSpring SDK 4.2
-Windows Server 2003
-Office 2003 w/ Compatibility pack for 2007
-PHP script for conversion

Here is what is going one. We have a powerpoint file that we converted with both iSpring SDK's. The SWF's that get created are put into a web page.

The user machine that is pulling up this web page is:

Intel Atom dual core 1.6 GHz
2 GB of Ram
Ubuntu 9.10
Firefox 3.5 and Firefox 3.6 (Different machines)
Adobe Flash 10.0 and Adobe Flash 10.1

When we run the web page that contains the SWF from the iSpring SDK 4.2 conversion it runs fine on all our machines. However if we run the web page that has the SWF from iSpring SDK 5.5 we get Adobe Flash errors on all of the machines.

The error is:

"A script in this movie is causing adobe flash player 10 to fun slowly. If it continues to run your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script. Yes or No."

No matter what we click it stops Firefox. We have tried multiple versions of Firefox and Adobe flash plugin but we continue to get the same error if it was converted with SDK 5.5. Is this a known bug? I can send you the raw powerpoint, the converted powerpoint or even the web page that is causing the error.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:18 am   Post subject: Re: Flash Error with SDK 5.5

Thanks for reporting the problem.
In order to help you some more details from you are required. Could you please provide the following:
- an original PPT presentation;
- an SWF file generated with the SDK;
- a link to the web page where the Flash file is places;
- settings you use for files conversion;
- iSpring SDK temp files.
You can send it to "support@ispringsolutions.com".

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:13 pm   Post subject: Re: Flash Error with SDK 5.5

I will send you all of this today.

We found out something new and maybe this is something you just cant do. I started going through the powerpoint and changing things to see if I could find what was causing the error. What I found was that the lady that created the powerpoint had gone through and chosen the button in Powerpoint 2007 that says Random Transitions. Once I changed that and actually assigned a transition to each slide it converted and we haven't had a problem yet.

Are there certain transitions that do not work with iSpring? And if so is there a list of the ones that do? Or did the random button just cause some kind of error in the conversion process?

Profile profile test