Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:41 pm   Post subject: Relaunch of SCORM module without status reset

Hello

I'm converting PowerPoint presentations to SCORM for import into the LMS. Once the module is completed in the LMS the status is set accordingly in the LMS. But next time the module gets started the status is overriden and reset to "incomplete/failed" depending on the settings. Since the users would like to use the training module after completion for reference purposes I'd have the possibility to tell the module that once its status is "completed" in the LMS the status should remain unchanged even after a restart of the module.
How can this be achieved? Do I need to write some JavaScript by my own - what I wouldn't mind to do if necessary.

Thanks for any reply!
Ernst

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:46 pm   Post subject: Re: Relaunch of SCORM module without status reset

Thank you for your post!

Yes, if the user is allowed to take a course several times the status of the course will be changed according to the last attempt. That is why the course can be moved from the "Completed" into the "To do" list with the "Incomplete/Failed" status.

This can be changed in the LMS settings (e.g. change attempts number) or if you write some script that will prevent over-recording.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:41 am   Post subject: Re: Relaunch of SCORM module without status reset

I have the same issue above after I changed software from Adobe to iSpring Suite.
My LMS does not have any settings like change attempts number so I think I need some script that prevent over recording.
Please advice me how to do by scripts.

Thank you for support.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:44 am   Post subject: Re: Relaunch of SCORM module without status reset

Hello and thank you for posting here!

I really sorry you are having this issue! However, SCORM courses from iSpring set users' progress according to their launch history.
It is up to the LMS how to read, store and display results set by courses. SCO only must set completion status or suspend data properly to avoid data loss. All next steps to store this information is on the LMS side.
If the LMS is designed to over-write the already completed courses and update the reporting data, it is a good quetion to the LMS developers how to prevent this, as SCORM can not say to the LMS "hey, please do not store it, just ignore".

Yes, there are cmi.core.lesson_mode in SCORM 1.2 and cmi.mode in SCORM 2004, but these are not transmitted by courses from iSpring. The thing is that many LMSs do not parse this value and understand them incorrectly.
That is why it is a question to the LMS, would it work with courses in different modes if this information is transmitted or not? if yes, what modes will be supported?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:25 am   Post subject: Re: Relaunch of SCORM module without status reset

Thank you for your reply.

LMS vendor answered that they support "browse", "normal" and "review" for cmi.core.lesson_mode of SCORM 1.2.

If my issue is due to cmi.core.lesson_mode that iSpring does not support, is there any way to function as I expect?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:48 am   Post subject: Re: Relaunch of SCORM module without status reset

Thank you for your reply!

I have shared you concerns with our developers. I think that we can add this variable, but it can take some time.
I also cannot say approximate date when this will be implemented in case this improvement will be submitted.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:52 pm   Post subject: Re: Relaunch of SCORM module without status reset

I have an additional question.
Which LMS are you using?

I have just tested one LMS where the review mode is allowed, and the result was not re-recorded.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:46 am   Post subject: Re: Relaunch of SCORM module without status reset

I use a domestic LMS service in Japan.
I cannot tell the name in this BBS, but I can email you....

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:25 am   Post subject: Re: Relaunch of SCORM module without status reset

Please reach me at support@ispringsolutions.com

Profile profile test