Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:39 pm   Post subject: Quiz finish button not working in Moodle

Hi,

I used iSpring Free to add quiz to a ppt and then converted it into a scorm package. After uploading the scorm package to Moodle, the finish button at the end of the quiz doesn't work. I think it should close the presentation popup window, but it doesn't do anything. I believe it has something to do with browser permissions for Flash to close the window.. if that's the case, are there any workarounds or any fix available? It's just confusing the students who click on Finish and nothing happens.

Thanks in advance!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz finish button not working in Moodle

Hello!
In most cases the window couldn't be closed by means of Flash. The matter is that the browser will not allow Flash object to close its window, that is why the close button doesn't work.
It also depends on the system where you upload the quiz. There are some LMS's that allow to close the Window, and other LMS systems don't allow to do it.
There are several workarounds in this case:
1. Each LMS usually puts a panel on the top of your course with global navigation buttons as shown on the screenshot Close button in LMS attached.
2. Utilize Windows close button.
3. Finish button can be used to go to a URL specified in Quizmaker-->Properties-->Result.
4. Unselect the Finish button in Quizmaker-->Result slides.
The workaround for this situation will be to use the option Go to URL in Quizmaker-->Properties-->Result.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz finish button not working in Moodle

Hi Julia,

Thank you for the detailed response.

We are using Moodle as our LMS. Have you encountered similar issues with this LMS before?

I think the easiest way is to simply remove the Finish button to avoid confusion. but I can't find the option to uncheck Finish button. Please have a look at my settings screen here: http://screencast.com/t/PDWraX3r

If I add a URL on finish button, it won't close the browser, hence won't return the results to LMS. Don't you think?

Regards,
Omar

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:24 am   Post subject: Re: Quiz finish button not working in Moodle

Hello Omar!
The option to hide the Finish button is included in the business version of iSpring authoring tools.
You can try one of the following solutions:
1. Use the option Go to URL
The results should be submitted to the LMS correctly.
2. Insert one more slide after the quiz.
However, in this case, users will still have to utilize windows close button to close the browsers' window with the course.

Profile profile test