Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:23 pm   Post subject: Echo in Audio after Publishing

I'm importing audio files for a presentation, and some of them sound harshly echo-y after I publish the presentation. The audio files are .mp3 files, and there is no echo when I listen to the audio outside of PPT or iSpring or even when I listen to it through the iSpring Narration Manager. It only shows up with some of the .mp3 files after publishing.

Does anyone know what this is and how to prevent it?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:53 pm   Post subject: Re: Echo in Audio after Publishing

@awick
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue!
Please try to change the Compression settings when you publish your presentation:

Hope that it helps!
If the issue preserves, please send us your presentation for testing to support@ispringsolutions.com.
We would be glad to help!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:16 pm   Post subject: Re: Echo in Audio after Publishing

Thanks for the help, Lyubov! Adjusting the audio compression didn't affect the echo, but I figured out what it was.

I'm working with PowerPoints created by other people with the audio already embedded. My usual process is to unzip the file and extract the audio so I can import it back in. iSpring doesn't recognize it as an audio track, which is fine, since it has also been removing the audio icon when it publishes the file. I was really pleased with this since when I was using Adobe Captivate, I had to do the manually.

Now I'm realizing that by not deleting the icon and therefore the embedded file, iSpring is still recognizing some--and only some--of the audio files. The echo sounded like the embedded and the imported audio file was playing simultaneously but at a slightly different pitch.

It's not a big deal to delete the embedded audio. I'm still wondering, though, what makes the difference between an embedded audio file that is recognized by iSpring and one that is not. I haven't gone through all the slideshows to analyze this. I know depending on the how and when a faculty member (the PPT creators) records audio, I will extract it as a .wav, .wma, or a .m4a. Is that the difference?

It would be helpful to predict in what cases I could get away with not deleting the embedded audio. All in all, though, I love iSpring, and I appreciate the quality support!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Echo in Audio after Publishing

@awick
Thank you for the reply!
Glad to hear that you were able to find out why this happens!
In fact, when you create and edit a presentation (.pptx file) with iSpring, it always preserves audio files that you inserted with PowerPoint options. However, iSpring software also allows you to import audio in a different way so that you will never have a sound icon on your slides.
I recommend that you try inserting audio for your slides with iSpring Narration Editor:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/docs/display/isuite/narration+editor

It allows you to synchronize audio with your slides and animations, and edit it with a built-in feature.
Hope that this can be of use! If any questions come up, please don't hesitate to contact us on our support email. We are always glad to help!

Profile profile test