Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:19 am   Post subject: Favicon format ispringlearn.com

Hi,

I try to set favicon for all browsers in branding settings ispringlearn.com/settings/account_branding but for IE9-> nothing happens.

I've tried 16px png, ico and gif, and Chrome and FF are fine but for IE setting favicon is not successful.

Is it possible to set favicon for all browsers?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:54 am   Post subject: Re: Favicon format ispringlearn.com

@content editor

Thank you for your message!
What version of IE are you experiencing this issue with? Please note that some browsers do not update favicons immediately. Please try to clear your cache and restart the browser.
Please make sure that you converted the image to the selected format correctly (by re-saving it, but not by renaming the file).
If the issue persists, please send us an email with the favicon attached to support@ispringsolutions.com.
We would be glad to test it for you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:27 am   Post subject: Re: Favicon format ispringlearn.com

Hi,

my browsers are (os is W8.1). These work with 16px png, gif and ico:
Firefox 45.0.1
Chrome 48.0.2564.116 m

With IE, none of above favicons is displayed
IE 11.0.9600.18231

I save the ico and gif files with Axialis IconWorkshop and pngs with Photoshop.

The favicon is displayed in the tab only, but I guess this is how it should be?

Regards,

Kari

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:54 am   Post subject: Re: Favicon format ispringlearn.com

@content editor

Thank you for the reply!
Could you please show us on a screenshot what it looks like in IE?
Internet Explorer 11 can display the favicon both on the tab and the address bar:

First, please try to clean the browser history (Tools -> Safety -> Delete browsing history):

If you have a bookmark for this URL, I recommend that you delete it too. After that, please restart the browser.

If this doesn't fix the issue, please send us the favicon file for testing purposes. Hope to hear from you soon!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:47 am   Post subject: Re: Favicon format ispringlearn.com

Hi,

now it works! I had lunch and refreshed browser window :D

Don't know what happened, I already tried the browser cache flush and restarting browsers but I guess it needed lunch :)

About the screenshot, is there a way to attach a file on posts?

Anyways, thanks for help!

-Kari

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:25 am   Post subject: Re: Favicon format ispringlearn.com

@content editor

Glad to hear that!
Yes, you can add images:

1) insert the direct URL of the image
2) highlight it
3) click on "Img"

The highlighted link will be between tags:

You can't attach a file, but you can insert a link to the file if needed with the URL option.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Favicon format ispringlearn.com

Hi,

here is the IE screenshot:

In Chrome and FF, the address bar shows https lock icon, but this I believe is browser default feature:

Many thanks for help,

Kari

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Favicon format ispringlearn.com

@Kari

Thank you for the reply!
Yes, this is how favicon works in Firefox and Chrome.
Please note that in order to insert the image correctly, you need to right-click on the image and select "Copy image location":

This allows you to get a direct link to the image.

Profile profile test