Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:39 pm   Post subject: iis and asp.net ppt open issue

Hello,

I have been trying to use IIS and C# to convert a ppt into image slides. But it throws this exception while opening the ppt file saying: "Could not open the file"

I read other posts saying this is not a good idea as IIS runs with limited account permissions, etc. But then how do I use ispring libraries to convert ppt to images, if I cant even open a ppt file using iis and asp.net/c#.

Thanks.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:30 pm   Post subject: Re: iis and asp.net ppt open issue

Hi!

I can give you the following advice on setting up your system.

1. Make sure PowerPoint is installed on the machine where conversion is performed. If you use PowerPoint 2007 install PPT 2003 prior to PPT 2007.

2. Enable PowerPoint automation for the user account that performs the conversion using iSpring SDK. You can find detailed recommendations on how to do it here:

http://www.ispringsolutions.com/articles/iis_setup.html

3. Make sure the user account that performs the conversion has writing privileges in the output folder

Also it's recommended to perform conversions as a background process. We recommend to implement a kind of queue system where users upload their presentations, files are put into the queue and get converted one by one.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:17 pm   Post subject: Re: iis and asp.net ppt open issue

Where do I find powerpoint 2003?

Profile profile test