Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:46 am   Post subject: Flex 3 developer can't get the samples to compile

I'm a Flex 3 developer building a web presentation application. My company is considering purchasing ISpring so I have downloaded and installed the SDK (4.2.1.2625).

As of yet though I can't make heads or tails of how to use it. When I load the sample projects as is with no modifications on my part, they do not compile.

1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: IPlayer. PlayerInitEvent.as line 15

If I hold the ctrl key and click IPlayer in my source though the IPlayer.as file opens so the compiler has the code.

What is the issue?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:33 am   Post subject: Re: Flex 3 developer can't get the samples to compile

There is a known issue in flex2 samples. Try the iSpring SDK 4.2.1 release candidate version:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/downloa ... 1_2635.exe

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:35 pm   Post subject: Re: Flex 3 developer can't get the samples to compile

Hmmm... Did that and the sample I was trying now compiles.

As I evaluate here I'm having a real hard time finding a place to start. Seems the product has some Flex 2 hooks, but I'm not having much luck finding solid, working Flex 3 examples with documentation. I'll make a separate post.

Profile profile test