Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:32 pm   Post subject: image and conversion errors using SDK

Hello,

I have successfully created a conversion web page using Visual Web Developer and asp.net. However, while the page runs perfectly - converting multiple powerpoints - when I launch a temporary server, when I try and run as a local host, I get the following errors on the images inside my swf's;

images that either don't show up (red x) or have the following error; "the image part with relationship ID rId2 was not found in the file" OR "this image cannot be displayed..."

Additionally, most of my larger powerpoints (25MB or higher) give an error that says;

"System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): PowerPoint error: PPT Exception in file .\src\PptPresentation.cpp at line 112 at iSpring.PresentationConverterClass.GenerateFlash(String folderName, String fileName, OutputMode OutputMode, String skinName, Object slideRange) at ASP.events_aspx.Convert(String strInFile, String strOutFile) in c:\Inetpub\ispring2\events.aspx:line 55
iSpring error: PowerPoint error: PPT Exception in file .\src\PptPresentation.cpp at line 112"

I've tried this in both VB and C# - I've also increased the available memory in the web.config file of both the application and the server. (maxRequestLength & RequestLengthDiskThreshold) - This helped with some images, but not all.

I am at a loss and am requesting help.

Thank you,

John

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:26 pm   Post subject: Re: image and conversion errors using SDK

It seems it is a configuration issues of your system. Perhaps, a restricted quota in temporary files folder or something else.

iSpring SDK uses PowerPoint automation to get the necessary information from the presentation. The problems you experience are related to the restrictions of the limited ASP.NET user account used to perform the conversion.

We do not recommend using iSpring SDK from ASP.NET pages. Even if this is possible. You will have to fight against issues related to the restrictions of the limitied ASP.NET user account. Moreover, Microsoft does not recommend server side automation of MS Office products:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/257757

Please create a user account with a proper set of privileges and launch the conversion process via this user account. We recommend you to implement a queue system when the uploaded PPT file is put into the conversion queue. A separate process launched under the mentioned user account scans the conversion queue and processes presentations sequentially using iSpring SDK.

Also do not convert several presentations simultaneously.

This article can be helpful:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/articles/iis_setup.html

We also provide consulting services. Please contact sales[at]ispringsolutions[dot]com for details.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:16 pm   Post subject: Re: image and conversion errors using SDK

Hi.

Was this issue ever solved? We're facing exactly the same problem with an ASP.NET page that is triggering a PPT conversion with the SDK.

Thanks!

Helder

Profile profile test