Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:17 pm   Post subject: Javascript Playback Control for HTML5 Slides?

Hi,

Is there a Javascript API for controlling iSpring Convertor generated HTML5 presentations (similar to the one for Flash presentation)?

I am currently working on a project that needs to embed Powerpoint presentation online but do not want to use Flash. We also wants to control the slides without using the default playback control that comes with the convertor. For example, we want to be able to call a Javascript function "gotoNextSlide()" to advance the presentation.

Is this possible? I read through your documentation and forum, and was unable to find the solution. Any kind of pointer will be appreciated.

Thanks,
- Derrick

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:56 pm   Post subject: Re: Javascript Playback Control for HTML5 Slides?

Hello and thank you for your post.

Currently there is Slide API for iSpring Flash products only, not for HTML5 Converter. However, we are going to include it in iSpring 7 which is going to feature Flash+HTML5 in the end of this year.

Some time later a server HTML5 converter is going to be released but it is going to be the next year only.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:42 am   Post subject: Re: Javascript Playback Control for HTML5 Slides?

Such a simple request you guys are making a mountain of it ??

I don't understand what you need to encode the JS ? Being able to control the playback of a slide is not rocket science.

Trying to control everything and making more money on additional products is a poor decision.

One day you will regret this decision as you are not allowing developers to create wonderfull apps with your product.

Trying to police is the most stupidest idea i've heard of !!

Wake up guys...

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Javascript Playback Control for HTML5 Slides?

Hi Davendra,
Thanks for your post.

The player JavaScript encoding is primarily used to minimize player size (the compressed code size is ~30% of original size) and speedup presentation startup. The reasons for not providing JavaScript API in iSpring Converter 6.x are as follows:

There are number of features planned for the 7th version which cause significant changes in HTML playback core. We believe that it is a bad idea to publish an API which may change in any minor release and cause incompatibilities in existing client's code.

The JS API will be provided in the 7th version as soon as it will become stable and will reflect the most recent functionality of the player core. The API will have documentation and samples illustrating playback control and custom skin development facilities.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Javascript Playback Control for HTML5 Slides?

OK So if I download v7 can I do this now ? or do I still have to wait for the apis ?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:41 pm   Post subject: Re: Javascript Playback Control for HTML5 Slides?

Version Pro 7 doesn't offer any API yet. We will develop a conversion and slide HTML5 API for iSpring Platform 7 which will be released close to the end of this year.

iSpring Pro/Suite 6 offers Slide API for Flash presentations.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Javascript Playback Control for HTML5 Slides?

Dear Mikhail,

Do you have some news or an estimated launch date for the html5 API ?
We would be very very interested in such à solution.

Regards

Antoine

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Javascript Playback Control for HTML5 Slides?

@toineblt you can test out our HTML5 Slide control API in iSpring Suite DX already today! Contact us at support [at] ispringsolutions.com
Everybody who is interested please do that.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Javascript Playback Control for HTML5 Slides?

I have downloaded and installed the demo for iSpring Suite DX. I can't make heads or tails of how to use the JavaScript API. I just want to advance a slide. I'm looking through the documentation and see that I'll need an instance of an ispring.presenter.player.IPresentationPlaybackController, but I can't see how to get one. Do you have any sample code? For instance, say I simply wanted to advance to the next slide. Do you have a sample code snippet demonstrating that?

Profile profile test