Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:44 am   Post subject: Linking to external documents

Is there a way to maintain the links to external documents? I want to be able to link to an external PDF file, and this does not seem to work.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:12 pm   Post subject: Re: Linking to external documents

Please follow my instruction on how to create a Flash presentation with links to external files:
1) Remove the current hyperlink;
2) Copy and paste the PDF file to the same folder with the original PowerPoint presentation;
3) Create a hyperlink to the PDF file. Please consider that the path to the file should be relative, i.e. type "name.pdf" instead of "C://My documents/My presentation/name.pdf" while creating the hyperlink;
4) Convert the presentation to Flash;
5) Copy the PDF file to the folder with the Flash movie. Please do not put it to the 'data' folder since the flash presnetation won't find it there.
I hope my answer was helpful.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:18 pm   Post subject: Re: Linking to external documents

No. I need to be able to do this with HTML5, not Flash.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Linking to external documents

Please send us your PPT project to support email and we will research your case. Do you have this test presentation published in the Internet? If yes you can give us the link as well.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Linking to external documents

I second this. Would very much like the ability to include external links in my converted PPT.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Linking to external documents

To ghmason:

If you have any difficulties with the links to external files in your presentation, please feel free to contact us at support@ispringsolutions.com. We will be glad to help you.

Profile profile test