Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:14 pm   Post subject: HTML5 / Flash Hybrid

I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

I'm trying to share some PowerPoints on a web site that needs to support iPhone and iPad as well as the majority of browsers (yes that includes IE7+8 sadly).

I'm very happy with the results I'm seeing from the new HTML5 converter, but it is unfortunate that the minimum system requirements are so high.

It strikes me that a hybrid solution of Flash and HTML5 would be ideal. We probably just need a browser detection code that determines if the browser is HTML5 compatible or it will redirect to the Flash version (for Android pre ICS, IE6+ etc).

I have both the new Converter plugin as well as iSpring Pro, so this should be achievable, but I'd be surprised if I'm the only one facing this situation. Has anyone come up with a solution yet?

It seems odd to me that there isn't an iSpring version that can produce what I'm looking for at the click of a button. All the pieces seem to be there and it doesn't seem like it would take a lot to make it all work as 1 package. Otherwise the HTML5 tool is only really useful for niche applications.

Is there something from iSpring in the works? How are other users addressing this?

Thanks,
Ken

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:12 pm   Post subject: Re: HTML5 / Flash Hybrid

Hi Ken,

This is exactly what we are working on. The 7th version of iSpring software will allow to create a package of both HTMl5 and Flash output to play of different platforms. Most likely, the development will be finished at the end of this year. If you'd like to take part in the beta-testing program, please contact us at support@ispringsolutions.com.

Profile profile test