Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:47 am   Post subject: how do I create table of contents with selected topics

Hi,

I apologize in advance if this topic has been discussed to death. I did find some comments on this, but none of them helped solve the problem that I have.

I am working on an e-learning course with multiple modules and topics. I would like the course menu or TOC to display only the titles (module, topic names, maybe key activities) that I want, and not all the slide titles. I tried creating a master powerpoint and linking the same to index.html files for different topics. But that did not work.

What is the best way to do this? I would appreciate in-depth explanations as I am not a very technical person and am absolutely new to iSpring and rapid e-learning.

Thanks in advance.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:43 pm   Post subject: Re: how do I create table of contents with selected topics

Thank you for posting here.

To see the only titles of the slides and not their pictures you need to switch side panel to the Outlines menu, not Thubmnails which is set by default.

You can customize Streamline player the way Outlines will be shown on the Side panel by default. Please go Publish click Customize and check the option to make Outlines be default.

click to enlarge:

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:02 am   Post subject: Re: how do I create table of contents with selected topics

I think my question was not very clear. Here's what I need help with.

I am creating an E-learning course in powerpoint and I plan to use iSpring to convert it. Now, when I convert the course using iSping and play the same, all the slide titles are visible in the player (in the content outline pane). I don't want the learner to be able to view all the slide titles. I only want to display the key topic or module titles and keep the rest inaccessible to the learner. I have seen courses created using powerpoint that have only topic titles visible in the outline. I want to do the same.
I know it is something to do with creating a master powerpoint and linking it to flash files that hold individual topics. I tried it, but it did not work.

Please help.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:43 am   Post subject: Re: how do I create table of contents with selected topics

Hi Mikhail,

Waiting for your response. Do get back to me.

Thanks in advance.

-Shalini

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:40 pm   Post subject: Re: how do I create table of contents with selected topics

Thank you for your answers.

iSpring Outlines are not the same that you can do in PowerPoint. The outlines that you create with PowerPoint are more detailed with paragraph names.

I partially understand what you mean. Do you want to create a static information in the side panel or somewhere else? If you show me the sketch or a screenshot of what you are trying to implement it would be great.

You can answer here or send a message at support [at] ispringsolutions.com

Profile profile test