Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:56 pm   Post subject: HTML5 + Flash in iSpring 7

I raised the question last fall of whether there were any plans to support exporting both HTML5 and Flash at the same time. I was told that this is exactly what was planned for version 7.

I now see that version 7 does indeed support HTML5 which is great, but I also see that this appears to be a radio button choice between the 2. What is needed in order to support the widest variety of browsers (both mobile and desktop) is a solution that allows you to export both at once and then include a script for browser detection that will direct the user to the appropriate version for their browser. I sincerely hope the image below has simply cropped off the radio button for 'both'!

Here's the redirect code I have been using to achieve this, but I currently have to export both HTML5 and Flash separately which gets extremely tedious if files need to be updated often.

Code:
if(Modernizr.inlinesvg){
        //redirect to html5 site
        window.location.replace('html5/CCF.html');
    }
    else{
        //redirect to flash site
        window.location.replace('flash/index.html');
    }

Unless version 7 supports exporting both simultaneously, I can see no reason to upgrade - since I already have that capability with Converter and Pro 6 installed.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:44 pm   Post subject: Re: HTML5 + Flash in iSpring 7

Hi and thank you for pointing it out!

Indeed, the 7th verison WILL allow publishing both to Flash and HTML5 at one time. Here is the full screenshot of the new Publish menu:

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:12 am   Post subject: Re: HTML5 + Flash in iSpring 7

This is a great option in iSpring 7 rather than editing files manually now you can export then in flash and html 5, looking forward to more development in this area

Profile profile test