Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:20 pm   Post subject: HTML5 to tablet links and PDF viewing

Hi there,
I'm trying to convert a PPT to HTML5 for an android tablet but am running into a couple of issues.
1 - when publishing with no player skin, the links don't work - I tap and nothing. However, when I publish with a player but all options turned off, the links work but upon app launch there is a play button that when tapped it goes to the next slide rather than stay on the 1st slide. I want the app to run full screen and the user to only use the presented navigation hyperlinked on the slide, no external controls.

2 - I need to link to PDFs to view in the player. Right now, I have pdf1.pdf and pdf2.pdf in the folder with the index.html, but on the tablet it pushes back an error and closes. Is there a way to link to a PDF file and view it within the same window?

thanks for any information!!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:11 pm   Post subject: Re: HTML5 to tablet links and PDF viewing

Please clarify the model of tablet that you are using. If you have the link, please attach it to this message.

PDF files are opened by default in a new browser's window. You can adjust hyperlinks to be opened in the same window in the References tab.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:27 pm   Post subject: Re: HTML5 to tablet links and PDF viewing

I am using the Nexus 10. The link I'm using is "PDF1.pdf" using the PPT hyperlink interface and my pdf is in the same folder as 'index.html'.

Any thoughts on why using the no player option completely disables my links?
thanks.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:33 pm   Post subject: Re: HTML5 to tablet links and PDF viewing

As far as I know Adobe Flash Player sets security policy restrictions on the content placed locally. If you upload your presentation to the Internet most probably the issue will go away.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:37 pm   Post subject: Re: HTML5 to tablet links and PDF viewing

Its HTML5 - not using Flash.
I've tried to insert link to PDF via an inserted web object and its not loading (I have another web object that loads just fine). I've also tried linking a ppt shape to a PDF that's on the web but tapping it does nothing.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:06 am   Post subject: Re: HTML5 to tablet links and PDF viewing

Just wonder that, this html5 viewer can open PDF and PPT as well, whether it meet your issue?

Profile profile test