Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:23 pm   Post subject: Conversion to .MOV

I need to be able to convert the iSpring .swf file into .MOV and .Mp4 files.
Do you know of a converter that will do that. Is there a way iSpring does that?

Thanks,
Bruce

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:56 am   Post subject: Re: Conversion to .MOV

Thank you for your post.

iSpring does not natively convert to basic video format. Results of third-party conversion will vary, since you are eliminating all the interactive functionality of the Flash file.

There is a complicated workaround, but please be aware that iSpring is not designed to be a video converter, so I cannot guarantee the results of this procedure:

In PowerPoint 2010 and up, you can save as Windows Media Video. The .WMV file wouldn't reflect anything added by iSpring, however, so in order to keep any audio narrations you may have added, you would need to insert it back into the Narration Editor of the same .PPT file, and then publish it to HTML5 using iSpring Pro 7. In the "data" folder, you will find video in .MP4 format reflecting what was in the Narration Editor. The ability to save all these clips as one file is on the drawing board for inclusion in an upcoming release.

As you can see, the player is now gone; but converting to plain video format has destroyed all interactive functionality anyway, so it seems there's no point in showing a player that the user can't interact with anyway. If you had narration video(s) as well, you can figure out some other way to combine that video and the video you've just converted.

I hope my answer was helpful. Questions/comments are welcome!

Profile profile test