Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:27 am   Post subject: Viewing converted presentations on android devices

Hi, I feel like this should be blindingly obvious, but I haven't worked out a good way of making my converted presentation viewable on an android device.

So far I've been able to view it through the Chrome app, but that difficult to launch as I need to manually navigate to the location on memory card to open the file.

Does anyone have a slicker and more streamlined way of launching the html5 file from an android device? Ideally I'm looking for a way of launching through one click of an icon on the home screen. Any tips would be appreciated!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Viewing converted presentations on android devices

Thank you for your post.
First of all you need to upload your HTML5 presentation to a website and then open the URL link on your device by using a browser.
After that you can create a shortcut of the webpage with the presentation and place it on your home screen, so you will be able to open it with one click.
You can learn how to create a shortcut on an android device here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-general-discussions/18055-how-do-i-save-webpage-icon-shortcut-my-home-screen.html
I hope it helps.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:16 pm   Post subject: Re: Viewing converted presentations on android devices

You can find another solution how to create a shortcut here:
http://www.xoomforums.com/forum/jelly-bean-general-discussion/17837-shortcuts-websites-desktop.html

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:17 pm   Post subject: Re: Viewing converted presentations on android devices

Hi Lena,

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.

One other question I do have is whether it is possible to run the html5 file off the device itself so that I wouldn't need to be connected to the internet to use it. Is there a way of doing that without manually navigating to the file in a browser and launching it that way?

Thanks again,
Chris

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:36 pm   Post subject: Re: Viewing converted presentations on android devices

Thank you for your reply.
Actually there's no such option for an Android device. We have developed a special application for iPads that allows to view HTML5 presentations offline. We're planning to develop one for Android devices as well, however I cannot provide you with the exact release date of the application.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:24 pm   Post subject: Re: Viewing converted presentations on android devices

Hi Lena,

Thanks for that. I guess I'll have to look for another solution if I want to get it to work on android devices then, at least in the short term.

Chris

Profile profile test