Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:20 pm   Post subject: Pass variables to presentation for quiz

currently we have our users sign in to our classroom and start the presentation, when the presentation gets to the quiz portion a box pops up and ask for username and ID. I understand I can uncheck that in the quiz setup, and I found under isprings faq how you can pass variables to the quiz.swf file, but I dont have a quiz.swf, the quiz is embedded by ipsring in the presentation.

I have tried passing the variables when linking to the index.html of the presentation but they do not seem to carry over to the quiz. for example index.html?username=john_smith&email=johnsmith@domain.com

It just seems unprofessional to have users sign on twice so we would like to avoid that.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:27 pm   Post subject: Re: Pass variables to presentation for quiz

The option to ask for user name and email was added to QuizMaker for those who place quizzes outsize any LMS. Please use LMS and users will have to log in just a single time.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Pass variables to presentation for quiz

The first time they login is to send us an email is with our own server to know when they start test. Then they start the presentation. At that point we have the information that the quiz requests so there should be no reason to request it again.

There should be a way to pass the variables to the quiz from the presentation. According to ispring it accepts variables if the quiz.swf is called so why not if the presentation swf files are called?

Getting a LMS doesnt answer the question. They are looking at an LMS system, unfortunately if we go to that, we will no longer be using ispring since they have their own flash converter. I dont want to see that happen.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:43 pm   Post subject: Re: Pass variables to presentation for quiz

There are FlashVars that could be used to pass login variables to quiz.swf It should also work with the swf presentation that contains Quiz.

Usage:
https://mywebsite.com/presentation.html ... @yahoo.com
or
quiz.swf?username=John_Smith&email=john.smith@gmail.com

The current version of the quiz awaits for the fix so it will be functioning fine in next versions. Thank you for your understanding.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Pass variables to presentation for quiz

That really doesn't help, I just talked them into upgrading our 5 licenses to 6 and now are you saying it might be in 7?

I cant believe there is no way to to make a simple thing like this happen.

I will continue to work on it, but if anyone in the community knows how to resolve this issue I am having, it would be greatly appreciated.

Even if there was a way to set a cookie and then read it into the dialog box so at least it filled in their information that would work.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Pass variables to presentation for quiz

I think I might have figured it out, first test worked, I just need to integrate it a little better and it should work. I will post back next week after I clean up the file a little.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Pass variables to presentation for quiz

Ok, so I can pass the username and email using flashvars to the quiz from the presentation without issues. There is one more I would like to pass but cant seem to do it. I would like to pass qt or the quiz title. Mainly so the email we get from ispring shows the quiz title, but it must be using a different variable. Does anyone know what variable the quiz title would be for the subject line of the email with quiz results from ispring is?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Pass variables to presentation for quiz

This fix will be added till the end of September 2013.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:16 pm   Post subject: Re: Pass variables to presentation for quiz

what fix is that exactly?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Pass variables to presentation for quiz

Fix: userid will be passed via FlashVars in 6.2 version of QuizMaker.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Pass variables to presentation for quiz

yes, that worked in previous versions 5.7, still would be nice to pass additional variables like quiz title.

Profile profile test