Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:19 am   Post subject: Branching

Hi,
A little bit ashamed, but:
what is the real purpose of branching?

Thanks! Natasa

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:04 am   Post subject: Re: Branching

Thank you for your post.

Branching allows you to create a quiz with a specific scenario.
Just one of numerous examples:

Imagine that you have an quiz which contains questions from different areas: biology, geography, math, literature, etc. You may need to find out what area your student is not good at and ask more questions from it.

So, if a student answers incorrectly for a math question, you may branch it to another similar math question to consolidate his knowledge. If he answers correctly this time - the quiz will forward him to a question from different area, e.g. biology.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:51 am   Post subject: Re: Branching

Thank you,
but still, is there some example? Since I do not use for complex excersises but more for small and exact theme, I would like to see some example if I can use it too.
And is this only for quizes?

Regards, Natasa

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Branching

Dear Natasa,
Could you please specify which product you're using?
You can check how iSpring QuizMaker branching feature works while passing this quiz: http://www.ispringsolutions.com/ispring-quizmaker/samples/us-country-study.html
If a question's answered incorrectly, a user then is directed to a blank slide with the correct answer to the question.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:48 am   Post subject: Re: Branching

Thank you very much for the tip!
Now it is clear and must say: excellent! and very very usefull.

This is for quizzing.
What about in presentation (sorry for asking so much, but since English is not my language I need a sample to understand - sorry)

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Branching

Thank you for kind feedback.
Actually I cannot provide you with any demo presentations that would demonstrate this feature, however you can learn more about branching by following this link:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/7/topic/pro/desktop/presentation_explorer/branching.html

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Branching

Thank you!

regards, Natasa

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:02 am   Post subject: Re: Branching

I've a new question about branching. i give you an example in order to be more clear.

For example I’ve 3 slides.
First slide there Is an image or video. Click on the slide an go to the second slide.
Second slide there is a quiz. If the answer to the quiz is correct I go to slide number 3 and it works. If the answer is wrong I have to see again slide number one and take the quiz again.

It happens that after I have seen again slides number one, I cannot take again the test,because slides number 2 appear again that before I gave the wrong reply the first time I take it.
I want take the test again. It is possible?

I hope to be clear, let me know if not i will try to explain better.

Thanks a lot for your help

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:44 am   Post subject: Re: Branching

Dear Helen,
it doesn’t works as we would.
I give you an example to be more clear.
I’ve a ppt file with only 3 slides.
Slide n. 1 there is a video
Slide n. 2 there is a quiz
Slide n. 3 there is the second video.
We need that the behavior of the system is the following process:

Step 1)
The student have to see the video in slide 1
Step2)
The student have to take the answer to the question. Following the result we have two cases:
Case 1) the anwer is correct, the system have to jump to slide 3
Case 2) the answer is wrong, the system have to jump again to slide 1, and when the video is over, the student must retake the question in slide 2, as it was the first time; actually Ispring doesn’t permit to retake di quiz and the system shows the message “you did not pass”

We need that message doesn’t appear and let the student to retake the quiz.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Branching

Thank you for your post.
Actually this feature is not available in iSpring, however we can offer you the following workaround. You can create hidden slides within your presentation, a copy of the first slide and a copy of a slide with the quiz. In this case you can just redirect the user to a copy of the slide in case the user fails the quiz and then he will be forwarded to a copy of the quiz. I have created a sample presentation to demonstrate you how this can be realized. I have sent them to you via email.

Profile profile test