Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:11 pm   Post subject: Publishing quizzes for Android Platform

Is there an update on creating an app similar to what is on Itunes for Android to run iSpring quizzes offline?

I upgraded to QuizMaker 7 due to the comment "iSpring QuizMaker 7 allows you to build quizzes in Flash, HTML5 or in the Combined mode (Flash + HTML5). Now, you can create quizzes that will be supported across multiple devices: computers, tablets and smartphones."

My "market" is very restricted and I do not have a website to publish to, I have tried various methods to utilize the quizzes on my tablet, of which none work.

Any other suggestions?

Karen

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Publishing quizzes for Android Platform

I see this had no reply which is a shame. I think this will be very important in future. We use Moodle and it looks like TinCan will soon be supported making trackable offline activities possible using your iPad app via Moodle.

I use other offline apps, for example the one provided by Lynda.com and they really make a difference.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Publishing quizzes for Android Platform

Thank you for your post, sorry for the delay with the answer.
Actually we're working on the app for Android devices and it should be released some time soon. However please note that if you want to view the HTML5 courses on mobile devices, you would still need to upload them to some website or LMS.
If you don't have any website, you can use Google Drive for this purpose: http://www.ispringsolutions.com/articles/uploading-html5-presentation-online-using-google-drive.html

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Publishing quizzes for Android Platform

Can you clarify whether this is how it would work using tincan please?

1) i make a course with quiz
2) i export html5 with the option set to launch the app and set to use tincan in the lms settings
3) i upload to lms with a tincan LRS for tracking
4) a user who accesses on a pc sees the course as normal in their browser
5) a mobile (ipad / droid) user is asked to launch the app which allows them to download and work offline. When they re-connect to the internet tracking data is sent back to the LMS / LRS

Is that correct?

Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Publishing quizzes for Android Platform

Thank you for your post.
Yes, we do support Tin Can and you can view courses offline on an iPad now already. However we're still working on the Android app.

Profile profile test