Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:45 am   Post subject: Prevent right-click in html5 output

Hi!
Is there a chance to prevent viewers from right-clicking and downloading data in the html 5 output? This is a big security issue for us and a reason not to use iSpring.
Andi

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:16 am   Post subject: Re: Prevent right-click in html5 output

Dear Andi,
Thank you for your post!
Actually HTML5 cannot be protected, it's possible to download any HTML5 page, however it's only possible to download pictures, but no one will be able download the whole HTML5 presentation.
I hope this is helpful.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 am   Post subject: Re: Prevent right-click in html5 output

does domain restriction help for this?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:53 am   Post subject: Re: Prevent right-click in html5 output

With the domain restriction enabled even though if somebody manages to download the iSpring player, it will not allow to play the content locally, so the domain restriction will make the protection stronger.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:21 am   Post subject: Re: Prevent right-click in html5 output

So finally I found a way to handle the right-click problem. I change following code in the html5.html file:

Code:
<div id="content"></div>

to
Code:
<div oncontextmenu="return false;" id="content"></div>

I'm sure this would also be possible to be implemented in the next program update ;-)

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Prevent right-click in html5 output

Thank you for your suggestion!
I will forward your suggestion to our engineers. Probably this behavior will be changed in one of the next versions.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Prevent right-click in html5 output

One of our senior engineers have informed me that you can just go to iSpring folder, open the player.js file in a notepad and add the code below into it:

Quote:
document.oncontextmenu=function(e){return false;}

This way the context menu will not work. However if you reinstall iSpring, you will need to repeat this procedure.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:53 am   Post subject: Re: Prevent right-click in html5 output

Ctrl+U will show a source code.

Profile profile test