Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:45 pm   Post subject: How to link HTML5 exported presentations

I was looking at the following tutorial on how to embed a presentation into another presentation:

http://www.ispringsolutions.com/articles/how-to-embed-a-powerpoint-in-another-powerpoint-presentation.html

The main drawback I found with this is that flash will not play on ipad etc.

My question is the following:
Can I create a HTML5 published presentation and use a hyperlink in another presentation to navigate to it?
So in essence, link HTML5 published presentations.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:27 am   Post subject: Re: How to link HTML5 exported presentations

Indeed, Flash presentation won't play on iPad so it's useless to embed an .swf via <object> tag because it will not work on mobile devices.

Use Mobile (HTML5) publish. Upload a folder on the Web with FTP. Navigate to index.html file. You can also insert it with the following tag:
<iframe src='http://www.yourURL.com' width='800' height='600" />

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:35 pm   Post subject: Re: How to link HTML5 exported presentations

Thank you for the reply Mikhail.

I believe you misunderstood what I am trying to do. Let me try to clarify:
I have converted a pptx to HTML5(on my local drive), lets call it pres_A. This presentation was created with a certain player.

Now in another presentation, lets call it pres_B, I want to create a hyperlink to pres_A's index.html. So when I convert pres_B to HTML5 I will be able to navigate to pres_A's index.html (everything still on my local drive).

The reason I need to separate them is that each one has its own player and export settings.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:29 pm   Post subject: Re: How to link HTML5 exported presentations

You can use absolute or relative link to any local or external presentation:

e.g. absolute:
C:\presentations\presentation 2\index.html

or relative (if this presentation 2 folder is near presentation 1):
..\presentation 2\index.html

Profile profile test