Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:24 am   Post subject: Ispring Pro. Images, ppt, html5, "best practise" advise

Speaking about Powerpoint, iSpring Pro and html5: I've browsed the user guide but didn't see much information on this topic. Is there any general "good practise" recommendations to follow when preparing a powerpoint presentation for iSpring Pro html5 output for optimizing best performance?

By this I mean especially the imported graphics use of bandwidth (and animated performance) but also other issues. Ie.:

(1) May it be a good advise til crop the images in powerpoint (and keep them within the ppt-frameformat)?
(2) Should the (raster) images be optized in ie. Gimp or Photoshop (crop and scale) before import to Powerpoint?

Has any of these matters any significance? Other tips? Any information is highly appreciated.

Kind regards, Michael

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Ispring Pro. Images, ppt, html5, "best practise" advise

Thank you for posting here!

Actually you can publish your presentation without loosing quality of images if you mark the Image compression settings at High quality (or 100%).
You can also adjust the images for high resolution screens to avoid any warping after publishing. This can be done if you go Publish -> Compression tab -> Optimize images for resolution.

Hope this was helpful.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:34 am   Post subject: Re: Ispring Pro. Images, ppt, html5, "best practise" advise

Thanks!

Just to understand you correctly: iSpring will undertake all file-handling necessary to keep the filesizes to the lowest possible.

Any consideration of preparing the images, cropping etc. in "postproduction" is redundant and will not affect the ultimate html5-performance? Will iSpring Pro ie. discard exceeding parts of image beyond ppt page boundary?

To sum it up and to get it clear: Is there any thing you'll suggest as an editor/designer to make the production "top-band-width savvy" from start to end? Or is this done by iSpr. by default all over?

Kind regards,
Michael

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:21 am   Post subject: Re: Ispring Pro. Images, ppt, html5, "best practise" advise

Let me please reply in the order:

1) iSpring will preserve the image size if you preset compression at High quality (100%), however, it should be noted that the size of background slide of PowerPoint presentation will influence the output quality.
To make a long story shorter, the bigger the size of slides in PowerPoint the better performance you will have if you strive to create HD presentations and make it smooth for zooming on mob. devices.

2) Yes, iSpring will crop the elements that are out of the slide area, however, you can make them appear using the Motion Path animations.

3) I did not quite understand what you meant saying "top-band-width savvy". Could you please specify it or provide me with a screenshot of what you want to achieve via email (support@ispringsolutions.com)?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:10 am   Post subject: Re: Ispring Pro. Images, ppt, html5, "best practise" advise

Very good, many Thanks.

Vladimir wrote:
3) I did not quite understand what you meant saying "top-band-width savvy".

Sorry, I guess its a my own attempt of description from a non native english-speaker ;-)
All I meant was to reach the best performance over the internet. You actually explained my request very thorough and helpfully in your response.

One last question though:
Vladimir wrote:
the bigger the size of slides in PowerPoint the better performance

In that respect: Do you recommend a specific/approx size of the powerpoint slides to choose? Rules of thumbs?

Kind regards,
Michael

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:53 am   Post subject: Re: Ispring Pro. Images, ppt, html5, "best practise" advise

Michael, it is a very good question.
The thing is that each presentation should be parsed separately since some content looks better on large screens (big slide resolution) and some is predicted to be played on mob. devices and tablets only (standard slide size).

Anyway, when I publish a presentation I usually take a sample slide from it that can help me to find the better performance and publish this slide using different settings.
I believe that if you play with the settings a bit you will find the best way to go! :)

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:01 am   Post subject: Re: Ispring Pro. Images, ppt, html5, "best practise" advise

Hello Vladimir.
I understand. I'll try out different setups and see.

Thanks again for your reponses :-)

Kind regards,
Michael

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:15 am   Post subject: Re: Ispring Pro. Images, ppt, html5, "best practise" advise

Great to know that I could help!
Anyway, if you have any questions I am here to help. You can also reach me via email support@ispringsolutions.com. Just sign my name as a subject and I will see that the message is for me.

Have a nice day! :)

Profile profile test