Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:49 pm   Post subject: HTML and navigation contorl

Hello,

I've embedded a HTML5 web object onto a slide. It has interactivity so can take a variable amount of time to complete.

I want to lock the navigation until the interaction is completed, then move on automicatically or allow the user to click next.

Is this possible to do with iSpring?

Is there a way to have the HTML component to trigger the navigation to move to the next slide?

Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:27 pm   Post subject: Re: HTML and navigation contorl

@jasong

iSpring allows you to limit navigation only for by the slide duration.

1) Go to Transitions and set up slide duration for this slide

2) Click on Publish from iSpring ribbon

3) Go to Playback and Navigation and select Navigation type -> Limited:

I'm sorry to say that an external element like HTML5 object can not be a trigger to unlock navigation between slides.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:13 am   Post subject: Re: HTML and navigation contorl

Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't really solve my issue.

I can't set the timing for a specific time. The user could complete the HTML interaction in 1 minute or 3 minutes or 5 minutes, so I wouldn't want to set the slide to advance after a specific time.

Is there any kind of API that is available to access navigation?

Or any other option to trigger navigation in a more complex way?

Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:33 pm   Post subject: Re: HTML and navigation contorl

@jasong
What kind of interaction exactly are you working with?

I suggest that you try out iSpring Suite DX:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/ispring-suitedx

It provides you with API for presentation player. You will find all useful documentation under Program Files\iSpring\Suite DX 8\Player SDK\documentation\.

Hope that it can be of help!

Profile profile test