Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:24 am   Post subject: Lost navigation buttons on mobile devices

Hi
When viewing a quiz, interaction or simulation within my course on a mobile device, the main Prev and Next navigation buttons are not shown. The only way to get out of the quiz, interaction or simulation before completing it, is by clicking a link in the Menu. I'm wondering if there's something I have missed on my settings when publishing.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:52 am   Post subject: Re: Lost navigation buttons on mobile devices

Hello Sonia!
Usually when a presentation with quiz or an interaction created wit iSpring is opened on a smartphone, a special mini-skin is used.

This player has been designed specifically for the best screen space control on smaller screens to improve user experience. This way, the quiz can take the whole screen.

There are several ways to advance to the next or to the previous slides when the presentation is viewed on a mobile device:

1. It's possible to use the Swipe gesture.

2. Enable the Outline in the Universal player so that users can access any slides in the module

3. Create a presentation with the navigation buttons in PowerPoint and publish the file with the iSpring None player

I hope this works for you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:01 am   Post subject: Re: Lost navigation buttons on mobile devices

Thanks for your reply Julia. Unfortunately none of the 3 options you list work on a mobile phone when a quiz, interaction or simulation is open which is the issue. Is this something that can be looked at as it makes courses practically unusable on mobile phones. The learner can not get back to the main course page without completing the quiz or interactions (or going to the menu) which they may not want to do.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Lost navigation buttons on mobile devices

Thank you for the post!
The navigation buttons are not displayed when a quiz, interaction or dialog is opened.

If you would like to give users an option to Skip the quiz or a dialog, you can set this functionality in Presentation Explorer.

Please select the slide with the quiz/dialog-->go to Properties-->select View slides at any time.

This way, the users will be able to click Skip when the course is opened on a smartphone.

Profile profile test