Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:02 pm   Post subject: Improved support for Science and Engineering subjects

Here are some observations based on using the quiz maker as part of iSpring Suite 6. Some are specific to the quiz maker but the formatting options are applicable to any of the tools in iSpring Suite using a text box.

The ability to resize the panes in the quiz editing screen - the question text authoring box is sometimes too small compared to the options pane

The ability to embed images and equations within the question text rather than existing separate from the text as they do at the moment

Increase text formatting options to include superscript and subscript

Allow the insertion of symbols - e.g. Greek characters - into the question text

Numbered as well as bulleted lists

Ability to add more than one image to a question - either as attachment or within the text (see above)

Ability to add both an image and an equation not either or as it stands

Currently there are no formatting options for the distracters in a question

Can only add one image or equation per question distracter

For numeric question types, if more than one condition is added to a question the logic seems to be either condition a OR condition b has to be satisfied to be correct. Can this be extended to allow other logic operators such as AND?

Hopefully some of these are being addressed in the next version but the extension of the rich text box to include super/subscripts, symbols and images is vital for science, engineering and mathematical subjects.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:16 pm   Post subject: Re: Improved support for Science and Engineering subjects

Thank you for your valuable suggestions! I passed them all to our product manager.

I can also add that, as far as I know, some of these features will be included in the 7th version of iSpring QuizMaker which we plan to release in summer. If you are interested in being a beta tester for QuizMaker 7, please let me know and I will add you to the list!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Improved support for Science and Engineering subjects

Thanks, Stacy.

Yes, hopefully some of the content features can be addressed as movable panes and multiple images within text are available in the Kinetics tools.

I would be happy to be a beta tester on version 7 depending on timing so add away.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Improved support for Science and Engineering subjects

Thank you for your interest! I've added you to the list.

Profile profile test