Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:01 am   Post subject: Audio won't play on LMS in HTML5 Via iSpring Converter

To test Converter I inserted an mp3 into a PowerPoint slide. Formatted the video link to play automatically. When I view the presentation in Slideshow Mode in PP it all works fine. Audio plays automatically. I then used Converter to publish the HTML5 with zip. Uploaded the zip to our LMS (Moodle), unzipped and tested. The presentation plays great, animations work etc. but the video is an issue:
On my PC (Windows 7) using Firefox (latest version) the audio would not work at all even if I clicked the icon.
On my iPad the presentation worked great but still no audio unless I clicked on the icon and then it did play. All settings in Moodle are set to allow mp3 to play and I have no problem with audio when using iSpring Pro and record audio for each slide.
Any ideas why the inconsistency?
I placed the item on our LMS front page and will leave it there for a couple of days if anyone wants to try it. I will remove the item in a few days. A link to the page is below. Look for "iSpring Converter Test link on the page.

http://sailanyway.org/moodle/#section-1

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:14 am   Post subject: Re: Audio won't play on LMS in HTML5 Via iSpring Converter

Hi, Thank you for your post.

We are not able to view the course on Moodle since it asks us to login. Please check if "Extended compatibility" is iSpring Publish --> Advanced menu. If not, please enable this option and convert the presentation to HTMl5 one more time. this should solve the Firefox problem.

As for the iPads, the issue is that Apple mobile platform has the technical limitation for playing media files automatically. Audio and video files on iPads and iPhones can start plying only on-click.You can find the most detail information about this limitation here:

http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/faq/conv/why-doesnt-audio-automatically-play-on-ipad.html

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:58 am   Post subject: Re: Audio won't play on LMS in HTML5 Via iSpring Converter

i am also facing the same problem when i m trying to open a html5 file in safari in iPAD then audio is not coming and video starts..... so how we fix this problem.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:35 am   Post subject: Re: Audio won't play on LMS in HTML5 Via iSpring Converter

The issue is that iPads and iPhones do not support audio and video files playing automatically. You can read about this limitation here:

http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/faq/conv/why-doesnt-audio-automatically-play-on-ipad.html

I can only suggest making all media resources play on click in your presentation.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:52 am   Post subject: Re: Audio won't play on LMS in HTML5 Via iSpring Converter

sure i will try and inform you later.
lets see what happen now after doing this

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Audio won't play on LMS in HTML5 Via iSpring Converter

I'm faced with the same problem. I use audio files generated by Speechover that narrates my slides for me. On the PC, I can set it to automatically transition at the end of the narration, but on the iPad, it doesn't play the audio on the second and subsequent slides. I understand that it's a limitiation of the iOS on the iPad.

Could you look into providing a work around that optionally would automatically insert a click at the start of every slide so that audio and/or video would start, or do these click have to be provided by the user?

Other than that, I love iSpring.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:02 am   Post subject: Re: Audio won't play on LMS in HTML5 Via iSpring Converter

hello BillGalbraith
don't do automatic transition put it on free transition.
and one thing i want to know that is audio coming from first slide???

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Audio won't play on LMS in HTML5 Via iSpring Converter

I don't understand what you mean by "free transition". On the Transition tab, on the far right side, I have the box checked labeled "Advance slide after", and the time is set to 00:00.00, which means that the slide transitions when the animations are finished. No mouse click is required. I need automatic slide transitions with no user interaction.

I do indeed hear the sound on the first slide, but not on the subsequent slides. The tool that I use, Speechover, creates a shape off the stage, and builds an audio file attached to that shape. Each slide has it's own audio file.

If I have the transition set to advance on a mouse click, I hear the sound clips on the subsequent slides (although it takes a while to download the sound clip, since it doesn't preload).

If you post or send me your email address, I can send you a simple example with only two slides.

Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Audio won't play on LMS in HTML5 Via iSpring Converter

I am having a similar problem with audio. I used a ppt to create a file, uploaded it into Moodle, everything great, tested it in Mac and Windows, still good, tested it on an ipad, still good. Then went back to try it again, and I can no longer get audio in Firefox. I still get audio in Safari on the Macs and two co-workers tested it on Chrome for PC the audio no longer plays in Firefox on Windows 7, windows 8, Mac OSX Lion, and Mac OSX Mt. Lion.
Chrome is a fine browser, but we keep telling people they have to use Firefox with Moodle, so I'm a little concerned. I have noticed that where it has a start button (as in Safari for Mac/PC/iPad) it's fine, but when it tries to autoplay there is a problem.
Could this be a cache problem with Firefox?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:19 am   Post subject: Re: Audio won't play on LMS in HTML5 Via iSpring Converter

hello BillGalbraith
my id is anuragsoni23@facebook.com

hello vicden
it is the problem with iSpring converter
convert does not have compatibility with firefox. may be it is fixed in newer version so just check this out with iSprng7 or find some onther post which shows audio problem with firefox

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Audio won't play on LMS in HTML5 Via iSpring Converter

To sonianurag022:

iSpring Converter too has the incompatibility settings for FireFox. Please check if this option in enabled in the Publish menu:

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Audio won't play on LMS in HTML5 Via iSpring Converter

A Ha! Thanks. I was also wondering if it has something to do with the autostart as well

Stacy wrote:
To sonianurag022:

iSpring Converter too has the incompatibility settings for FireFox. Please check if this option in enabled in the Publish menu:

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:36 pm   Post subject: Re: Audio won't play on LMS in HTML5 Via iSpring Converter

To vicden:

Check the "Playback and Navigation" tab in the same Publish menu! You can use the option "Start presentation automatically".

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Audio won't play on LMS in HTML5 Via iSpring Converter

I was using that, and I am working on one without to see if it makes a difference

Stacy wrote:
To vicden:

Check the "Playback and Navigation" tab in the same Publish menu! You can use the option "Start presentation automatically".

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:44 am   Post subject: Re: Audio won't play on LMS in HTML5 Via iSpring Converter

hello BIll
first you need to add files from manage narration option in iSpring not directly into presentation.
second while publishing (option on "playback and navigation tab") do not check change slides automatically.
you need not to provide these transition it automatically handles by ispring
i am sending you some snapshot of the system to make your understanding better about what is said
every snapshot have some red circled area that is my area of concern
if you still have a problem or something else is your requirement then let me know.
and i send you attachment on your facebook message box.
or give me your email id so that i can send it to mail also.. :)

Profile profile test

Page: 1, 2