Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:12 pm   Post subject: No audio in Firefox

I just purchased iSpring Converter, and I published a PPT to Web. I checked the "extended compatibility" box.
I do see the .ogg audio files in the data folder, and the code in the .html file includes:
<audio id="snd0_18149"><source src="data/sounds/sound1.mp3" type="audio/mpeg"/><source src="data/sounds/sound1.ogg" type="audio/ogg"/></audio>

However, the audio is not playing in Firefox (v14), and Firebug tells me:
Specified "type" of "audio/mpeg" is not supported. Load of media resource data/sounds/sound1.mp3 failed.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:35 pm   Post subject: Re: No audio in Firefox

Thank you for your question.

It looks like the ogg file is not available. Could you please provide the direct link to your server for the research?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:47 pm   Post subject: Re: No audio in Firefox

Hi Stacy,

I can't post the direct link for security reasons. My employer would not like that.

But, I will say that the "data" folder is in the same folder as the .html file. Within the "data" folder, the .ogg files are here
data>sounds>sound1.ogg

This folder also contains
data>sounds>sound1.mp3

The audio does work in Chrome and IE9.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:04 pm   Post subject: Re: No audio in Firefox

Would it be possible for you to send us the link to support@ispringsolutions.com for the secure research? This would be very helpful.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:54 pm   Post subject: Re: No audio in Firefox

Thanks, Stacy. I just emailed support@ispringsolutions.com.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:11 pm   Post subject: Re: No audio in Firefox

Thanks! We will make the research and answer you via email.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:32 pm   Post subject: Re: No audio in Firefox

I have the same issue. It would be nice if solutions were posted so people can learn off these type or incidents and fix their problems..

I'd like to know the solution to this...

Thank you.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:30 pm   Post subject: Re: No audio in Firefox

Hello @d1u5ion, we have checked files of @annie_louden and it worked fine in our 20.0.1 Firefox.

Maybe your server MIME types are not configured well to play .ogg files that are required by Firefox. Please also make sure that your .ogg files have been uploaded fine to your server. You can send a message a our support email for closer cooperation on this matter.

Thank you.

Profile profile test