Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:40 pm   Post subject: Why is the html code encoded ?

HI

I'm a web developer and want to create my own GUI for a web app, which includes using the HTML5 presentation the converter creates.

Having looked at the source code I see its not so easy. Seems you have encoded part of the JS.

This doesn't look good for me.

I want todo alot more but need the ablity to slides.
Any help much appreicated.

Regards
Davendra

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:08 pm   Post subject: Re: Why is the html code encoded ?

Our HTML5 Converter doesn't offer Slide API yet. It will be added to the product later in the next year 2013.

Current JS code is obfuscated so it cannot be used directly without API.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Why is the html code encoded ?

Thats a real bummer !!

We can't wait for 2013.

Are there any work arounds ?

please please please help !!!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:43 pm   Post subject: Re: Why is the html code encoded ?

We are working hard on this new version to release it as soon as possible. However, there are thousands of different functions we need to make.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:18 pm   Post subject: Re: Why is the html code encoded ?

If you didn't encode it then there wouldn't be a problem.

Not sure why you guys are complicating things here ?

Is it because you rather make more money by encoding then use APi's to access they same thing if it wasn't encoded ?

Seems a bizzare appoarch ?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Why is the html code encoded ?

Because iSpring is not an open source project and client's side JS is pretty transparent for understanding the internal structure of the product, we do code obfuscation. It is a common practice and every company wants to keep proprietary technologies, don't loose money they could've made, that is not a secret.

API is just the right approach for it.

Profile profile test