Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:55 am   Post subject: HTML5 Text Issues

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing a few bugs when I export a PowerPoint Presentation to HTML5 and view it on a PC/iPad via my LMS.

The primary concern is text tracking, albeit the spacing in between characters.

On my PC it isn't too bad. Some spaces disappear in between words, so instead of saying "he goes to" for example it may look like "hegoes to".

On the iPad it is much worse. The words seem to blend together on some slides. It isn't unreadable, but it does look tacky and unprofessional.

Follow the link below for an example of what it looks like on PC. (again not unreadable, but annoying). The image is at the top and reads "what is emergency management?"

http://postimage.org/image/qdzfetg53/

The font used is Arial or Arial Black so there shouldn't be any issues with the user not having the font. Is there a tick box somewhere that improves rendering performance for text inside PowerPoint/iSpring that I should try?

Tim

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:19 am   Post subject: Re: HTML5 Text Issues

Hi Tim, thank you for your post.

We need to test the presentation in order to help you. If it is possible, please send us the original PowerPoint presentations and the converted zipped presentation to support@ispringsolutions.com for the research? Also please indicate the full version and build number of iSpring Converter that you are using. You can find this number is you click About button on iSpring panel.

Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:14 pm   Post subject: Re: HTML5 Text Issues

Hi Tim

I don't know if you've resolved this problem by now, but if not, here's a small tip which might help.

In your PowerPoint slides, select the affected text,
then select Font - Character spacing - Spacing,
select either Expanded or Condensed (for this purpose, it doesn't matter which)
and reduce the amount (default 1 pt) to the smallest available option, which is 0.1 pt. (This is small enough that it won't affect the overall dimensions of the text block.)

Then accept, save, publish and check the result.

Bruce

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:13 am   Post subject: Re: HTML5 Text Issues

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for the reply.

iSpring contacted me with a solution. Basically it wasn't liking the fact that I had the Shadow effect turned on for all of my text so the quick solution was to turn the shadowing off.

A few short days later iSpring updated their software which fixed this issue. Now I can leave the shadow effect turned on and it renders properly in both Flash and HTML5.

Tim

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:15 am   Post subject: Re: HTML5 Text Issues

Thanks for the update, Tim, and glad it was resolved. iSpring's solution will be helpful to others wanting to use the text shadow effect.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:51 am   Post subject: Re: HTML5 Text Issues

Hi Bruce!

The new installation package available at iSpring website contains this bug fix. Just make sure you have the latest build installed to your computer! Its number is 3460.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:29 am   Post subject: Re: HTML5 Text Issues

Hi guys,

I have run into another text-related problem when converting to an HTML5 presentation. As you can see from the image below the Kerning of Hyperlinked text goes a bit crazy. Again this text has had the shadow effect turned on. The exported Flash version renders perfectly however this HTML5 one has problems. Any chance of a similar fix for Hyperlinked-Shadow effect text? :)

V 6.2.0 Build 3423

Regards,
Tim W

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:24 pm   Post subject: Re: HTML5 Text Issues

@Walga_Training, thank you for reporting us about this issue. We would like to look into this particular problem closer so if you could send us your PPT presentation it will be great. Which font are you using by the way?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:19 am   Post subject: Re: HTML5 Text Issues

Hi,

I have just sent an email to support@ispringsolutions.com with a zipped version of the presentation. The used font is Arial.

If you require any more information regarding this issue please ask.

I look forward to your response.

Yours faithfully,
Tim W

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:34 pm   Post subject: Re: HTML5 Text Issues

Thank you for that, we will research your presentation and will cooperate with you by email later.

Profile profile test