Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:54 am   Post subject: No avigation bar in Android

I have published a presentation to my LMS. When it runs on and iPhone/iPad, the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen is present, but when the same presentation is viewed on an android phone, using either Chrome or the native browser, the navigation bar is not on screen, although the presentation functions correctly. I have notes included in the slides which I want the users to be able to view via the MENU button. Any ideas?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:01 pm   Post subject: Re: No avigation bar in Android

Because screen size of mobile devices is limited to a small resolution we didn't include any navigation elements there. That's why notes cannot be viewed too.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:59 pm   Post subject: Re: No avigation bar in Android

I can understand not having the navigation bar for Android phones due to screen size but why isn't it available for android tablets which have large enough screen size and resoltuion?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:50 pm   Post subject: Re: No avigation bar in Android

If an HTML5 presentation, generated with iSpring, is viewed on a mobile device with a small screen, it will switch to minimal player mode (e.g. iPhone). On bigger screens (iPad, desktops) a regular Universal player will be used. This automatic choice depends not only on the physical size of the screen but on pixels ratio as well.
This was tested out experimentally on different devices because smaller screens with high pixels ratio like iPhone with retina (ratio = 2.0) shows player buttons twice as small as on a regular screen and it’s hard to use.

The formula used is ‘resolution’ divide by ‘pixel ratio’ coefficient. If the result is less than 700px for any of the sides, then a minimal player will be used.
E.g. Google Nexus 7” 2012 tablet will use a minimal player. Let’s do some calculation.

Resolution = 1280 x 800 pixels
Pixel ratio = 1,3
800 px / 1,3 = 615,38 px < 700 px
Result: minimal player

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:48 pm   Post subject: Re: No avigation bar in Android

The Google nexus 7 2nd generation has a higher screen resolution 1920 x 1200 but since it's pixel ratio is 2 it still fails your test. Is there a way I can change something in your code so that I can test having the full player show up on the tablet?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:16 am   Post subject: Re: No avigation bar in Android

This logic is encoded in isplayer.js which is obfuscated. I don't think that it's possible, however I found the value "Qd=700"
You can try changing it to a smaller amount so maybe your presentation will have the full player.

Profile profile test