Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:30 am   Post subject: Embed HTML5 Presentation in div rather than iframe

Hi,

i have a number of presentations that I will be embedding into our web page. The issue i have is that i don't want to use an iframe to constrain the HTML5 presentation, however if I just try and constrain the presentation in a div weird things happen!

Mainly the player js looks like it is dynamically trying to center the player top level div in the center of the page, and sets the div to absolute while dynamically changing left and top values.

Is there anyway to stop that happening?

Or other ways to avoid an iframe for a web view of the html5 preso.

Thanks,
James

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Embed HTML5 Presentation in div rather than iframe

Hello, James!
Thank you for your post!
The issue is that the the output file created with iSpring can either fit to window or can be placed just in the center of the window.
If you would like to customize the placement of the iSpring output file, it can only be done with an iFrame, sorry.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Embed HTML5 Presentation in div rather than iframe

Hi Lena,
i'm in line with James.
If i have chosen Ipsring it's because the HTML5 output is good.
But because like James, i need to include it in a page, and have my content use by SEO tools, it's a disaster to use IFRAME because the content is not read by google.
So i loose the benefits of having the Ispring converter.
A simple youtube video in this case is ok and free.
Best regards
Patrick

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Embed HTML5 Presentation in div rather than iframe

Hello, Patrick!
Thank you for posting here.
I have forwarded your request to our Development Team so maybe this will be changed in one of the future versions of iSpring products.
Thank you for your feedback!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Embed HTML5 Presentation in div rather than iframe

It's been two years, but it looks like you still have the same issue????

iframes are deprecated, and function poorly on mobile devices, requiring a two finger scroll.

I too want to use a div to host the content, but am having the same issues as the earlier folks.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Embed HTML5 Presentation in div rather than iframe

Hello!
In the current version of iSpring authoring tools the option to insert presentations using a div element isn't available.
This functionality can be developed as Custom Project.
Also iSpring courses and quizzes are opened on mobile devices in a special mini-skin player for a better content distribution on the screen.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:41 am   Post subject: Re: Embed HTML5 Presentation in div rather than iframe

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what "This functionality can be developed as Custom Project." means. Does this mean that I can do this myself?
If so, how?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:38 pm   Post subject: Re: Embed HTML5 Presentation in div rather than iframe

Hello!
A Custom Development project is developing the new additional functionality for our customers by our engineers.
Usually the price for the project depends on the complexity of the task and time that will be spent on it.
Please contact our support team for more information about the Custom Project service.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Embed HTML5 Presentation in div rather than iframe

If you are only willing to support iframe, while customers have been asking for flexible embedding for years, forgive if I don't offer to pay for it.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Embed HTML5 Presentation in div rather than iframe

Thank you for the post!
I totally understand that the functionality to embed the output presentation via the .div element is important for you.
However, I regret to say that the implementation of this option isn't planned for the future updates of the iSpring authoring tools.
I rely on your understanding in this matter.

Profile profile test