Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:07 pm   Post subject: iSpring 7.0 _ 508 Accessibility

Hello,

My work primarily consists of making presentations that provide training to a variety of workers. This includes employees with disability. This means that all of my content has to be 508 compliant. According to the iSpring 7.0 page, 7.0 presentations will be optimized to work with screen readers. Recently, I tested the 7.0 beta with JAWS 14.0 and had multiple issues.

1. None of the controls are labeled, so you have no idea what action each control performs.
2. As you tab through the interface, there is no visual indicator of which control has focus.
3. The buttons didn’t respond consistently. Executing the same button (or at least a button with the same name) did not always accomplish the same action.
4. The numbering of the buttons, and the number of buttons, changes as you move through the interface.
5. It does not appear that you can operate the volume control by keyboard.
6. JAWS sees the individual chapters as “buttons,” not links, and does not pick up the text label for the chapter.
7. Most of the “buttons” seemed to Pause/Play the player, even if they performed some other function as well.
8. JAWS does not see any “graphics” on the page.

I was curious if there was any information or feedback that could possibly help me reach 508 compliance.

Thanks,

Ben K

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:54 pm   Post subject: Re: iSpring 7.0 _ 508 Accessibility

Thank you a lot for this information. It makes sense and we will perform other tests and add improvements for screen readers.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:41 am   Post subject: Re: iSpring 7.0 _ 508 Accessibility

I have to note that we have Section 508 support in HTML5 only. It doesn't work in Flash.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:26 pm   Post subject: Re: iSpring 7.0 _ 508 Accessibility

Mikhail,

Thanks for the quick follow up. We will look into this more and try HTML 5. In the mean time, please let us know if there is any type of documentation that could be shared with us.

Thanks,

Ben K

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:20 pm   Post subject: Re: iSpring 7.0 _ 508 Accessibility

The documentation is not ready yet. Could you please contact us via email with link to this post for the further cooperation?

Profile profile test