Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:07 pm
Post subject: iSpring 7.0 _ 508 Accessibility
My work primarily consists of making presentations that provide training to a variety of workers. This includes employees with disability. This means that all of my content has to be 508 compliant. According to the iSpring 7.0 page, 7.0 presentations will be optimized to work with screen readers. Recently, I tested the 7.0 beta with JAWS 14.0 and had multiple issues.
1. None of the controls are labeled, so you have no idea what action each control performs.
2. As you tab through the interface, there is no visual indicator of which control has focus.
3. The buttons didn’t respond consistently. Executing the same button (or at least a button with the same name) did not always accomplish the same action.
4. The numbering of the buttons, and the number of buttons, changes as you move through the interface.
5. It does not appear that you can operate the volume control by keyboard.
6. JAWS sees the individual chapters as “buttons,” not links, and does not pick up the text label for the chapter.
7. Most of the “buttons” seemed to Pause/Play the player, even if they performed some other function as well.
8. JAWS does not see any “graphics” on the page.
I was curious if there was any information or feedback that could possibly help me reach 508 compliance.