Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:34 pm   Post subject: Color not properly changed for "followed hyperlinks"

As a default feature of PowerPoint, you can hyperlink to external sites, or to slides within the presentation.
A "followed" hyperlink should normally be a different color than the original hyperlink. The default value is blue for the original hyperlink, and purple for the followed link. The content designer can change these two colors for special needs (as I do with an interactive game used in my ESL classes where I want to totally "hide" links that have already been followed, by setting that color to match the background.)

The problem exists with both Flash and HTML5 output.
To reproduce:

Create simple PowerPoint presentation with two slides. First slide has text "Forward", second slide has text "Back".
For each slide, select the text, then:
Use "Insert"->"Hyperlink"->"Place in this document" to create a link to the other page.

In PowerPoint you can test by running the presentation and clicking the text (blue) on first page, then the text (blue) on second page which takes you back to the first page. The hyperlinked text is now purple to indicate the link has been previously "followed".

Generate output files using iSpringPro.

Proceeding to test the Flash and HTML5 versions generated, the hyperlinked text never changes color.

To test use of custom colors you can use a the same base file, and use:
"Design"->"Colors"->"Create New Theme Color"
As a test, make hyperlink color bright green, and followed hyperlink color red.
Retest. iSpringPro does change the color for the original hyperlink, but not for the followed link.

If you need a sample file I can send, but it is easy to reproduce.

Environment as tested:
iSpringPro 7.0.0 beta – (Build 4039)
32 bit
OS- Windows Vista
Hardware: AMD
PowerPoint: 2010

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Color not properly changed for "followed hyperlinks"

Thank you for sharing your testing experience with us. We will certainly add an improvement for the future releases. You can send a sample at support [at] ispringsolutions.com email.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Color not properly changed for "followed hyperlinks"

Per your request I have emailed:
1) original PowerPoint presentation file
2) zipped Flash version generated by iSpring
3) zipped HTML5 version generated by iSpring

Executing the three versions will show the missing functionality.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Color not properly changed for "followed hyperlinks"

Thank you a lot and we will start investigation immediately.

Profile profile test