Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:04 pm   Post subject: Screen flicker on form change

I publish section, go and customise the user controls - click customise button - there is a strange flicker on the screen, then the customise player opens

(suggestion - one of the tricks I use in development for minimising screen-flicker like this is to use the windows api call "LockWindowUpdate", but dont forget to reset it and wrap in error handler!)

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:51 am   Post subject: Re: Screen flicker on form change

As far as I understand this API is for slightly different thing.

Quote:
The purpose of the LockWindowUpdate function is to permit drag/drop feedback to be drawn over a window without interference from the window itself. The intent is that the window is locked when feedback is drawn and unlocked when feedback is complete.
LockWindowUpdate is not intended for general-purpose suppression of window redraw.

I haven't noticed any decent Customize window flickering when opening it. Maybe you can capture a video of this process so we could see it too?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:35 pm   Post subject: Re: Screen flicker on form change

UPD: Actually, slightly flickering window contents were reproduced on some computers. We will possibly fix it. Thank you for your suggestions.

Profile profile test