Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:16 am   Post subject: iSpring Pro 7 - issues so far

Hi,

some feedback so far - i'm currently a converter user and want html5 mainly with fall back to flash on older browsers.

Issues:
1. Install process on Win 8 using ultra widescreen monitor positions some install dialogs off screen. Haven't seen that with any other apps.
2. Issues with permissions options. Flash file just fails to launch on loader graphics - doesn't show error. Html5 indicates permission not available.
3. HTML5 + Flash combined option when using index.html shows flash on all desktop browsers. Needs option to use html5 on all supported devices and only flash on non-supported browsers. This could be done using mordernizr js that is included in the html5 player.js

Thanks
James

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:10 pm   Post subject: Re: iSpring Pro 7 - issues so far

Hello, James!
Thank you for your post!
1. Can you please provide some screenshots demonstrating the issue?
2. Could you please describe the issue in more detail? Do you mean you are using the protection options? Which options did you use?
3. Please note with the combined mode in the output folder you will have the Index and the HTML5 files. The Index file is used to open Flash format and the HTML5 file is used to open the HTML5 format.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:26 am   Post subject: Re: iSpring Pro 7 - issues so far

Hi Lena,

1. I will try and do this over the next week - just need to find time to do some reinstalls!
2.Yes the protection issue was related to using the protection options in the publish configuration screen. When I set protection to a domain and then try to access the content on a different domain i get the problem, i.e. the flash loader graphic is visible but just freezes and nothing else happens. With the HTML5 you get a suitable message indicating the protection had kicked in. I would like to see consistent behavior between the 2.
3. The reason i raised that issue was that when you look at the index.html in the output file - it looks very much like the javascipt is trying to decide whether to launch the flash or html5 based on some criteria. It isn't obvious what those criteria are. However if you are going to offer a combined HTML5 / Flash output - the index.html really should be setup to show the most appropriate file for the browser accessing it. Otherwise the ability to output both types becomes a small time saver in publication but many users will not have the know how, time or desire to deal with deciding between the 2. I'm pretty sure you were using modernizr in the js already - wouldn't be that hard to make it pick the appropriate output.

cheers,
James

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:37 am   Post subject: Re: iSpring Pro 7 - issues so far

Hi James,
Thank you for your reply.
I have forwarded your requests to our product managers, so maybe it will be changed in one of the next builds, thank you for your suggestions!

Profile profile test