Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:40 pm   Post subject: Videos embedded in a PointPoint

With my new shiny copy of iSpringPro, I have started to convert some PowerPoint presentations that include embedded videos. The problem with this is that there is no "universal" video codec that works on all HTML5 platforms. If I was doing my own video player, I would encode the video in multiple formats, and then have the player select the supported codec for the current platform. However, it does not seem like you are doing this. How are you handling this issue?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Videos embedded in a PointPoint

Thank you for your post.
Could you describe your issue in more details? In what devices or browsers your video doesn't play? How do you add your video files to presentations? Please provide as much details as possible.
You can also send some examples of your presentations or just video files to support@ispringsolutions.com for further research.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Videos embedded in a PointPoint

The problem is not quite as I initially described. You do produce the video in both mp4 and webm formats, but for the desktop Chrome browser, it seems that you are showing the mp4 format. Chrome, under certain conditions, especially with hardware acceleration enabled, does not play mp4 files correctly. WebM should be the format served to the Windows Chrome browser. Android Chrome is served the WebM format, but not Windows Chrome.

I can email links to test presentations - they are too big to email but I cannot post public links.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Videos embedded in a PointPoint

Thank you for this information. Of course you can send us a link to your presentation placed online so we can test. You can use our support at ispringsolutions.com email address.

Profile profile test