Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:03 pm   Post subject: Backspace Key and Type-in Questions

When I ask a type-in question or a numeric question and hit the back space key, I am taken to the previous slide. The erroneous type-in letter is not removed. For Example, I have a question in which the correct answer is the year 1978. Both 1978 and 78 are acceptable answers.

If I type in 1977 by mistake and hit the backspace key to remove the 7 and change it to an 8, I am returned to the previous quiz.

Below is a link to an example. One of the first two questions is a type-in question. The correct answer is 1978. Try typing in 1977 and correcting it to 1978. The quiz is slide number 3. You may skip the first two slides.

http://www.gaappraiser.com/1085/

Sorry. It appears I put this question in the wrong section.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:45 pm   Post subject: Re: Backspace Key and Type-in Questions

Hi John,

We are able to reproduce the problem with your presentation but are are not able to create the same one on our computers. Could you please send me the original presentation and the quiz to support@ispringsolutions.com for research? Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:46 am   Post subject: Re: Backspace Key and Type-in Questions

I sent a sample file to support that contains the problem. I tried another computer. I also built an instant presentation from scratch to make sure it wasn't a problem with the format of version Ispring 6.0.

By the way. This is a real good program. I could, in fact, live without type-in and similar question formats. I just don't want to.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:43 am   Post subject: Re: Backspace Key and Type-in Questions

Thanks for the kind words! It's really good to know that.

I'll send you updates for this case via email.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Backspace Key and Type-in Questions

It seems to be a known issue of the beta. It just doesn't block keyboard shortcuts on Quiz slides while it should. We will fix it very soon.

Profile profile test