Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:57 am   Post subject: Quiz Taker info

Will the final version have more within this area, name & email is very limiting in corporate environment.

Would be good to have something like 8 to 10 custom fields we can ask them to fill in.

Maybe columns using something like:

Custom Field Name: Optional Required Not used

Then any field in use is passed via results:

Dave

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:25 am   Post subject: Re: Quiz Taker info

If above is not possible for finish product, can we set questions with zero points please.

Then at least we'd be able to set a "Fill in blank fields" that asks for the details/information we'd need, without it affecting score

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:53 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz Taker info

Thank you for your feature request.
We have added it to our feature request list.
However at this moment I can offer that you use the Short Answer type of question or the Info slide.
I hope this works for you.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:41 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz Taker info

Lena,

Not sure I understand your reply or maybe you've missed by point!

If I try to use the info slide, how do I get the student to supply the details, lets say eight fields of information ?

No idea what a "Short Answer Type" question is, but any question would give me the problem of having a score (points) allocated which would affect the over all score.

For corporate users making assessments, we need to be able to identify staff using more than a couple of fields and when the results of an assessment = other accounts creation then details of person taking assessment is important.

Simply having name & email address does not give enough.

I did raise this already and thought it had been added to feature list: See viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3207

So couple of questions:

1. Take it the beta feature list is fixed and no new features for 7.0 will happen before release, is this correct?

2. When you say, added to our "feature request list" does that mean for within version 7 life cycle or version 8 onwards?

3. Could we not simply have a easy change and allow question to have a zero point value, this will solve issue.

Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:19 am   Post subject: Re: Quiz Taker info

Thank you for your reply.
At this moment you can either add separate info slides, or put several questions in one info slide, e.g.: "Please specify your department and city". Some of our clients do use info slide like this.
Yes, we did add this to the list. The more requests we receive for this feature, the sooner it will be added to the product.

Take it the beta feature list is fixed and no new features for 7.0 will happen before release, is this correct?
During the beta testing we're trying to find if there are any bugs to fix, the new features will only be added in next minor or major versions.

When you say, added to our "feature request list" does that mean for within version 7 life cycle or version 8 onwards
We cannot tell exactly as it's decided by our product managers depending on if this feature is one of the most important.

Could we not simply have a easy change and allow question to have a zero point value, this will solve issue.
Could you please clarify your question? Do you mean you would like to allow to give no points for the info slide?
Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:48 am   Post subject: Re: Quiz Taker info

Hi Lena,

Could we not simply have a easy change and allow question to have a zero point value, this will solve issue.Could you please clarify your question? Do you mean you would like to allow to give no points for the info slide?
Allow any question created anywhere to have the ability to have zero marks/points. If you currently select 0 its says questions can't have zero points.

At this moment you can either add separate info slides, or put several questions in one info slide, e.g.: "Please specify your department and city". Some of our clients do use info slide like this.
I'm sorry, I can't find any method of adding fields or questions into the info slide, and if I create a question it has to have a mark/points which then affect the pass mark. Maybe I'll ask it this way:

Can I have one slide (info or question) where I ask the student for the following information, that will then be visable in the results email:

Full name
Novell Login Name
Job Title
E-Mail Address
Speciality
Location/Department
Contact Telephone Number
Line Managers Name

If I yes, can someone please show me how, explain or send example file !

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz Taker info

Update:

Okay seem to have found work around, by using survey:Fill in the blank within Graded quiz.

This allows me to create a question to ask students number of ID fields without it being a graded question.

But also found issue.
When creating the Survey:Fill in the blank you can insert "blanks" and resize the width to meet your need. But on the final product the size of the fields are all the same width and much smaller than width you made the blank in design.

Although you can carry on typing, it does not look right, and why be able to set width in design for it to be disregarded in live.

Dave

PS - still can't find method of adding question(s) into the info slide !

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz Taker info

Thank you for your reply.
The issue with the Fill in the bank questions will be fixed in one of the next builds.
As for the Info slide I meant that you could just type the questions manually in there, it's not possible to add any questions from QuizMaker into the Info slide.
I hope my answer was helpful.

Profile profile test