Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:19 pm
Post subject: Does not work!
I am familiar, and have used extensively, all the major current quiz software packages. Initial review of QM 7 indicates to me it has the potential to be the best so far.
However, first I need to get it to work. Twice I have spend hours carefully entering a 30 item quiz into the Beta version. Everything is laid out well so I found it easy to use. But, when I went to publish, I got an error message saying the file could not be found. When I exited the program, and tried to re-enter, I got the message that the file was corrupted or not found.
Further examination showed that when I saved the .quiz file, it becomes saved as an Articulate QuizMaker file. This probably explains when I can't open. I have tried setting up different directories but the same result. I can't uninstall my Articulate QuizMaker program as I am using it to maintain several client quizzes. I would have thought that iSpring would have chosen a different format name than .quiz. Suggestions??
Other things I have noticed that I would like to see fixed or added:
1. On the Introduction Slide, I cannot delete the bottom text box say click on start. We have our own instructions, so don't this this one.
2. It would be nice to have an UNDO function and icon at the top.
3. I would like to be able to change the format of an existing questions , e.g., multiple choice to multiple response.
4. Name and e-mail requirements need to separated. We ask for a Name but not the e-mail. Also, there should be additional fields. Often our quizzes are used as assignments so being able to enter the class name would be a useful addition.
5. On the Detail Results ... only 7 questions show at a time. Why not all the questions with scroll bar?
6. When Reviewing the quiz, the "Correct" and "Incorrect" are wrapped.
7. The quiz software we currently use allows the user at the end of the quiz to print out a Certificate. This is a key requirement for us.
8. If you don't provide a Certificate, then the Results Page should be modified to include the Quiz Name, username and date. This page can then be printed out as confirmation the quiz was taken and the results.
9. Print Quiz Results can be used as a confirmation as well. It is nicely laid out. However, the quiz program we currently use also give the user response for each question, and the correct response.
10. We should be able to add a header and footer to the player. Currently we hack the index page to add this information, but it is a lot of extra work and needs to be redone every time the quiz is published.
11. There should be a place to enter META TAGS. We discovered several years ago that Google was indexing our Flash quizzes, but only providing a link without any information. So we now hack the index page to add the META TAGS as well.
We are looking for new quiz software because our users are demanding that our quizzes work on mobile devices. Currently all of our quizzes are Flash only. Thus our great interest in QuizMaker 7.
However, since I can't get QM 7 to work, I have not been able to test the iSpring quizzes on our iPad or Android tablets.
Another critical functionality would be to capture the quiz results directly to a database table on our server. It appear that QM 7 has that functionality but I would like to test it as well. Is there a sample script or instructions available on how to do this?
I will probably have some more feedback when I get a quiz published.