Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:57 am   Post subject: Superscript

As a Science teacher is there a way to display superscript and subscript correctly ? The maths setting in the equation editor doesn't display them correctly. This is a real deal breaker for some of us. There is no setting available for normal text, just bold. A Science font would be really useful for scientific formulae.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Superscript

Please check if your MS Equation Editor is up to date. Ver. 3.1 is recommended. Please show us the incorrect way of how it renders sub- and superscript. In order to write a regular text, please turn off the bold option and continue with question text composition.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:08 am   Post subject: Re: Superscript

The maths version is 3.1. The subscript works, but not superscript it looks the same as subscript.

With reference to normal text what I mean't is the only option is bold and italic (I think) there are no other text options, especially superscript and subscript. I wouldn't need to use the maths function if there was a better text editor. I want to be able to write Cr2O72- with the first 2 as subscript and the 2- as superscript.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Superscript

We have just tested it with a superscript containing equation and iSpring converted it correctly. Please show us an example of your .quiz file to reproduce the problem on our computers.
I understand now that you would've taken advantage of subscript and superscript styles of text to create molecular formulas for chemistry. We will probably enrich our text editor in future versions so it will allow you to do that.

Profile profile test