Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:56 pm   Post subject: Missing Features

Prime facie, following is missing

1. Penalty (i.e., negative marking): It does not support decimal. E.g. point for correct answer is 1 and penalty for incorrect answer is 0.25

2. Feedback: Feedback for correct or incorrect answer at the time of review does not support long feedback. My advice is that it should show feedback with full length might be help with scroll bar.

3. Compulsory Question from group is missing: E.g. total question in a group: 20. Need to be selected randomly: 5 question. Out of these 5 question, some (say question no. 2 and 15) is supposed to be compulsorily selected in random quiz.

4. Import from Excel: I have tried for many times but fails to import from excel. It is advising to give some sample quiz for the same. Sample tamplete given with the same is not informative for me.

5. Auto text to speech is missing

6. A label for number (with question number) of question yet to be answered (in category and overall) is required as user need adjust his time accordingly.

7. Tab for suffling among groups is required.

8. Please explain the use of info slide with randomise quiz.

9. Delinking of question: Delinking of question is not working.

10. HTML5 + Flash: The quiz generated through this option is not a single standalone file. It is advisiable to generate the same in one file. Further, size of file generated through both option is very large. How to reduce the size of file. Further, how to use these files in website is required to be illustrated for a non-professional personal like me.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Missing Features

Thank you for your post.
1. Please set score as 100 and 25 and normalization
2. There is no scrollbar appeared if a feedback doesn't contain spaces. In other cases it should be visible.
3. There is a Link option where you can make first and last question that will appear in the beginning and at the end of the group if an order is randomized. At least you will have 2 mandatory questions per group. Maybe we should add this options for any questions. Thank you.
4. We are sorry, the current beta doesn't have well-working template for Excel.
5. Do you mean text-to-speech software cannot read the text? Please describe
6. Please go to player customization and turn on 'Display question list', it will show you overall progress when you click on this button. Nevertheless, it won't give you the clear number.
7. Goto settings -> question pool.
8. There is no use of them when quiz is fully randomized. Howver, the case when each group is randomized individually will utilize info slides.
9. Which way are you trying to unlink them. Just select and click link Unlink. It's working fine, we've just checked.
10. Unlike Flash, HTML5 cannot be saved in a single .swf file. If you need one .swf please use Flash output only. It's impossible to store everything in a one file with HTML5 as well as with Combined mode. Adjust Compression settings in the Publish window to reduce slize or publish to a chosen format HTML5 or Flash but not Combined.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:36 pm   Post subject: Re: Missing Features

1. Negative Marking: Please set score as 100 and 25 and normalization
Please explain it more. Unable to understand that function.

2. Feedback: Scroll bar is functioning. However, my suggestion is that size of feedback box should be increased. Further, as already mentioned in other topic, hyperlink is not working. One more query in this respect, how can we insert maths symbol or images in feedback for a quiz relating to maths and / or accounts.

3. Compulsory Question from group: As per my understanding, if we link a question with top or bottom of the group, theses linked question will be asked in any randomised quiz. E.g.,
Out of 20 questions pool, if I linked a question with top of the group and generate a quiz with random 10 question; then the question linked as top will be compulsory asked in that quiz and probably the first question of the random quiz will always be that question.
In that case, my request is that that question should not always be asked at that position. Position of that question should be changed.

Further, what is the important of linking of two question in the group. As per my understanding, if a linked question is asked then in the randomise quiz, its linked question will also be asked and immediately after first question. Am I correct.

4. Auto text to speech: I am requesting that there should be an additional feature in the quiz, that question and its options will be read out without help of any other software. I saw this feature in Tanida Quiz Builder.

5. Tab for suffling among groups is required: I am asking for that in generated quiz. For e.g. There are two subject namely Maths and Science. Overall, quiz will ask 50 random question with breakup of 30 question from Maths group and 20 question from Science group.
I may take quiz in two ways:
First: Quiz will display 50 random question (with given mix) but question of both group will be mixed. For instance, Question 1 will be from Maths and Question 2 may be from Science and / or any other combination. That is fine

Second: Generated Quiz will display two tab viz Maths and Science
In maths tab, there will be 30 random question from maths group (not mixing question from Science Group) and in Science Tab there will be 20 random question from Science group (not mixing question from other group). However, overall timing of solving entire quiz of 50 question will be same say 1 hour. This type is not covered. This is requested.

6. A label for number (with question number) of question yet to be answered (in category and overall) is required as user need adjust his time accordingly:

Quote:
Please go to player customization and turn on 'Display question list', it will show you overall progress when you click on this button. Nevertheless, it won't give you the clear number.
If we go with this solution it is showing the text of question also. Further, suppose I am taking option 'submit all question at once' In that scenario, user is not able to trace out number of question he skip earlier. So there should be panel, which shows only remaining question (group wise + overall) and by clicking that question number, he will reach directly to that question.

7. HTML5 + Flash: Please provide help to incorporate generated files in webpage. Further, when I generated a flash file (single file) the size of generated file was around 1 mb. However, when I generated combined file the size of 1 folder and 2 files was 5 mb. Further, explain how we will use separate file for desktop quiz and mobile quiz.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:42 am   Post subject: Re: Missing Features

1. Please refer to the following screenshots, showing you these settings: Score penalty and Normalization

2. Feedback window was designed for showing a small amount of text. If you need to show more thorough feedback with formulas, pictures etc., please create a blank slide and branch to it if incorrect.
Hyperlinks in feedback are already fixed and will be included in the next build.

3. You are correct. If you link a question to to top of the group and then link a few questions to this one they will all come at first place even if a group is randomized. The term compulsory question is not implemented in the QuizMaker yet and I don't know if it even will be there anytime soon.
Treat linked questions as small sub-groups. When a group is randomized, the linked sub-group will be shown in a certain order: a first linked question, a second, etc.

4. Thank you for this feature request. This was not among features that we ever planned for QuizMaker. Development of Text-to-Speech is very time consuming process, purchasing additional module is also not an option. Freeware cannot be used in the paid tool. You can create audio files with any Text-to-Speech tool and attach to quiz questions as a background sound. This might be a good workaround for that.

5. Right now you can do randomization per group or apply it to the whole quiz. Number of questions picked of from each group cannot be set if a global randomization is applied. It is a nice feature request though, we might think of a better way of implementing it.
Request with group tabs probably won't be satisfied. It's better to create two different quizzes per theme.

6. A nice feature, but it will hardly fit to the design and UI concept of the current QuizMaker.

7. Please use Mobile (HTML5) output only. It will be played on Mobile devices and on desktop computers as well. A newer version of a browser is only required.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:52 am   Post subject: Re: Missing Features

Quote:
1. Please refer to the following screenshots, showing you these settings: Score penalty and Normalization

That I saw, but I want to know what is the use of normalization.

Quote:
Request with group tabs probably won't be satisfied. It's better to create two different quizzes per theme.

If I prepare two different quiz, then condition of overall timer will not satisfied.

Quote:
2. Feedback window was designed for showing a small amount of text. If you need to show more thorough feedback with formulas, pictures etc., please create a blank slide and branch to it if incorrect

Is this workable in randomise quiz

Profile profile test