Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:11 am   Post subject: Importing Quiz Questions from a Spreadsheet in QM 7

Hi,

I'm really glad to see the QuizMaker 7 Beta. One of the features I'd like to use is importing the questions from a spreadsheet. Is there any information available describing how to set up the spreadsheet or do you have a template I can download?

Thanks,

John

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:57 am   Post subject: Re: Importing Quiz Questions from a Spreadsheet in QM 7

Thank you for your post!
We have a sample template in QuizMaker, which you can use for preparing your quizzes:

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:26 pm   Post subject: Re: Importing Quiz Questions from a Spreadsheet in QM 7

My sincere apologies if I missed a setup step but when I click the "sample template" link I get an error message that says
"Mictorsoft Excel cannot read this file./
File format is not valid."

Is there some other way to get the sample template?

Most Kind Regards,
Chris D.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:08 am   Post subject: Re: Importing Quiz Questions from a Spreadsheet in QM 7

What version of MS Excel do you have? I don't have any problems opening it with 2010 and 2013 and I believe it should work with 2007 as well.

Anyway, we will be updating this template as the current one is not very informative. Maybe we will create some samples of quizzes there.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Importing Quiz Questions from a Spreadsheet in QM 7

Greetings Mikhail,
I am using Excel 2010 (ver 14.0.7015)

I'll just wait on the new template. I just need to know the column layout scheme is all.

Cheers,
Chris

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:58 am   Post subject: Re: Importing Quiz Questions from a Spreadsheet in QM 7

I am having exactly the same error when I try to import the sample template.
I work with Excel 2010 in the Professional Plus edition. The version is 14.0.6023 (for 32bits).

Thanks,
Isabelle

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:57 am   Post subject: Re: Importing Quiz Questions from a Spreadsheet in QM 7

The issue with the template is a known issue and we have already fixed it. The new build will be available today or tomorrow.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:36 am   Post subject: Re: Importing Quiz Questions from a Spreadsheet in QM 7

can we have the template of the Spreadsheet format?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Importing Quiz Questions from a Spreadsheet in QM 7

Please update your beta version build to the latest one and it should open the sample template just fine.
Also you can find it in the installation folder by the following path:
C:\Program Files\iSpring\Presenter 7\QuizMaker\import_template.xls

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Importing Quiz Questions from a Spreadsheet in QM 7

get it, thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:13 am   Post subject: Re: Importing Quiz Questions from a Spreadsheet in QM 7

manage to iport questions for excel!
the problem is the size of the question and options is out!

eg:
in excel, the font size i set is 12 point for both question and options, after inport to QM, the font size of the question become 12 and the font saiz for option become 16,how to set to make the font size consistent ? if you edit it in the slide view, it on apply to one question, is it means if I have 100 questions, I need to edit one by one? pls help!!
thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:35 pm   Post subject: Re: Importing Quiz Questions from a Spreadsheet in QM 7

can it build a " apply to all slides" feature to make the quiz question formating work easy?

eg:

question font: xxx size: xx apply to all
answer font: xxx size: xx apply to all

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Importing Quiz Questions from a Spreadsheet in QM 7

I don't think that it could be done now. You can select a Layout to the entire presentation.
I think it should be implemented. Thank you.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Importing Quiz Questions from a Spreadsheet in QM 7

how to set the set the font size of the question and answer in excel so that when it imported to QM, the size of the font maintain? Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Importing Quiz Questions from a Spreadsheet in QM 7

Thank you for your post.
Actually if you need to have some certain font size you can just set it in the Slide View tool and save it as a Theme, then you can apply the Theme to the whole quiz.

Profile profile test

Page: 1, 2