Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:45 am   Post subject: Questions/Suggestions about layout

Just some comments about the layout (these comments refer only to the quiz preview mode. I'm not sure how it looks after publishing, since I haven't been able to publish a quiz yet due to an error I mentioned in a different post):

1. The placeholders, check boxes, and radio buttons are too 'fat'. Is there an option which controls the size of these? If not, it would be nice to have one.

2. The quiz scroll bar is too narrow. Is there a way to adjust the width?

3. When you need to scroll down the question page you can't just click on the scroll bar's 'white-space area', you have to hold the mouse button down on the 'grey area' and drag it. Plus, there don't appear to be any 'up' and 'down' arrows. It would be more convenient to have these.

4. Someone already mentioned something about resizing the quiz window in another post. Is there a way to make it work like in 6.2 version where the entire window is resizeable, leaving no margins? Or is that covered by the "Fit to Window" option.

The problem with the window being sized the way it is in Version 7 is when you have a Wordbank question with a long list of sentences (6 or more) or a long piece of text, the Word Bank words are placed all the way at the the bottom of the screen, at the end of the list or text, and hence they are off screen. This means that the quiz taker has to repeatedly scroll down to see what words are available, and then scroll back up again to see the upper list/text area. The layout, especially for this type of question, was better in version 6.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:56 pm   Post subject: Re: Questions/Suggestions about layout

Thank you very much for your quite reasonable remarks!

1-2. I have to say that these elements are not customizable. We'll change them if we continue have similar requests.

3. I've added it to the feature requests.

4. Indeed, you can use this option for that: Publish --> Advanced --> Fit to window.

5. Your comment regarding the layout for word bank questions is also sent to our product developers.

Profile profile test