Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:21 am   Post subject: Layout templates

Hello,

I don't see any layout template feature. Did I miss it?
A layout template would save media and text boxes positions & sizes, and could be applied in one click to a selection of questions or the entire quiz.

It would be very useful, even more useful than themes in my case.

Stephane

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:19 am   Post subject: Re: Layout templates

To access layouts, please create a question in QuizMaker and then click on the "Slide View" button on the panel. then a customization menu will open where you can change layouts and background.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:29 am   Post subject: Re: Layout templates

Thanks Stacy, I've already been using this, and this is why I need templates in order to avoid making these layout changes for each slide in my quizzes.
Did I miss this feature?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Layout templates

Stephane, please clarify: do you mean you need to apply a particular layout to the whole quiz at once as a template? Or do i misunderstand you?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:42 pm   Post subject: Re: Layout templates

Stacy,
Yes indeed, I need to apply a particular layout to the whole quiz at once, or, more precisely, to a selection of slides in the quiz. You understand me perfectly :)

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:15 am   Post subject: Re: Layout templates

Thank you for letting me know! Right now, the difficulty is that different question types have different layouts, so some particular layouts cannot be applied to all questions at once.

Nevertheless that's just a new feature and a good feature request for it. I'll definitely forward it to the product developers. Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Layout templates

Stacy,
You're right, a layout template should be attached a question type, and only corresponding questions amongst selected ones should be impacted when applying a layout template.
Thanks for forwarding this feature request. I'm sure this feature will save users the hassle to edit many slides with the very same actions, not mentioning the risk for inconsistencies when manually doing this.
Stephane

Profile profile test