Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:35 am   Post subject: Multiple Choice Text questions

Hi,

I have a problem with the question type Multiple Choice Text.

When you create these questions, you are able to expand the drop-down answer boxes to whatever length you like, and in preview you are able to see the whole answer option that you have entered.

However, when you publish the quiz, the drop-down boxes shrink to a preset size, which means that you cannot see the whole answer if it contains more than around 15 characters (html) or 20 characters (flash).

Thanks, Ben

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Multiple Choice Text questions

Hi Ben, thank you for the post.
Could you please send on of these quizzes to support@ispringsolutions.com? Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Multiple Choice Text questions

Thanks Stacy. I've sent an example by e-mail, and look forward to the response.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:11 pm   Post subject: Re: Multiple Choice Text questions

Any response to this? I see similar behaviour in that I can see the options when I take the quiz but the selection is truncated when the quiz is reviewed.

Delos

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Multiple Choice Text questions

This is the way how it's designed. The size of the placeholder in slide view doesn't affect the way it appears.
The placeholder in the published quiz cannot be less then 8 characters (a word -Select-) and more than 20 characters. The length of the dropdown list cannot be more than 40 characters. If you have an answer, that doesn't fit to these boundaries, the rest of it will be shown in a popup.

Profile profile test