Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:17 pm   Post subject: Hints as image overlays on video player

Hello,

On my multiple choice question slides with a video player, I would like to help quiz takers graphically understand the difference between all proposed alternatives this way: I'd like to display images as overlays on the video player, depending on the currently selected alternative (before submission). The image, partially transparent, would still let the video beneath partially visible.

Do we have a chance to get a feature like this in a future release of Quizmaker?
Do you know of a workaround I could use to provide similar help relating with each alternative, without actually leaving the question slide?

Thanks in advance,
Stephane

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Hints as image overlays on video player

Thank you for your post!
Actually we haven't received such requests before. Is it necessary to put the images on the video itself? Maybe you can insert a picture into each alternative? Will this feature work for you?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:32 pm   Post subject: Re: Hints as image overlays on video player

Lena, I'm not sure I understand "insert a picture into each alternative". I can't branch each alternative to an information slide with the corresponding picture, as this would require the user submits the alternative to actually see the corresponding picture, right?

This would work for me if the picture is displayed when the corresponding alternative is selected, BEFORE it's submitted. And if the picture hint isn't overlayed upon the video, the video should be hidden while the image is displayed.

Do you "see" what I mean? :)

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:33 am   Post subject: Re: Hints as image overlays on video player

Dear Stephane,
Yes, I do understand the feature you would like to have in iSpring QuizMaker 7. I will forward it to our product managers, however I'm not sure it will be realized in iSpring QuizMaker as we haven't received such requests before.
Therefore at this point we can only offer that you just insert a picture into each alternative with the appropriate option:

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Hints as image overlays on video player

Thanks Lena.

This would almost make my day if the hint images were correctly displayed after quiz publication in Mobile (HTML 5) format. However the zoom effect is absent in the browser (Chrome or Firefox on Windows) when a hint image is clicked.
Can you confirm, and have this fixed, please?

Stephane

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Hints as image overlays on video player

Dear Stephane,
Actually it is possible to zoom the pictures in Chrome and Firefox. Do you encounter any difficulties with these browsers? Could you please describe the issue in more detail or maybe provide a screenshot?
Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:10 pm   Post subject: Re: Hints as image overlays on video player

Dear Lena,

I confirm when I publish my quizzes, hint images don't zoom in some browsers.

I made a sample quiz file, you can find it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/554 ... tZoom.quiz

It was exported in Mobile (HTML 5) format, with Tin Can type on. Output zip is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/554 ... ntZoom.zip

The quiz is hosted on a Wordpress / Learndash website here: http://succhess.com/quizmaker-bug-repor ... dont-zoom/

It was integrated to the website using the Grassblade Wordpress plugin (v0.7.1).

The test was made on an Intel PC running Windows 7 SP 1, and:
- failed (images don't zoom) with Chrome Version 29.0.1547.66 m
- failed (images didn't zoom) with Firefox Version 23.x
- succeeded (images do actually zoom) with Firefox 24.0 freshly updated.

Stephane

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Hints as image overlays on video player

Dear Stephane,
This is rather strange, I opened your quiz on my machine in Firefox (version 23) and in Google Chrome (version 29) and could zoom the images without any difficulty. Please see the screenshots below:

Can you zoom the pictures when you open them locally on your machine? Does it work in the Preview mode in iSpring QuizMaker?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:11 pm   Post subject: Re: Hints as image overlays on video player

Dear Lena,

Yes, this is strange enough...
On my system it's working perfectly in local QuizMaker preview mode, as well as in Firefox 24 when published. In Chrome 29 there is no zoom. Besides, images are locally zoomable.

Could you maybe have my quiz tried from several systems?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:35 pm   Post subject: Re: Hints as image overlays on video player

It is very strange as your quiz and test quizzes, created on our computers don't reproduce this issue.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:44 am   Post subject: Re: Hints as image overlays on video player

Probably you have an older build which might have some glitches as it's still in beta. Maybe you should try to do the same with the official version, the release is planned for this week.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:32 pm   Post subject: Re: Hints as image overlays on video player

Ok, I'll try with the official release.
Thanks!

Profile profile test